My stock transmission finally broke, and I didn't even get a 10 second slip

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
First pass - All Motor. 3.0" pulley, C16, ~19* timing. The car went 12.9 at 104mph with a 1.8 60ft. Best ET it's ever done on the motor, and probably the worst trap speed. You can definitely tell the motor is getting worse for making power. It's all hole shot.

Mo-Kan 1/4 mile dragway GTP runs 12.9 - YouTube

Next was spraying a 125 shot. The car cut a 1.7 60ft and went 12.3 at around 110mph. Got a large amount of knock, as I think there may have still been some 87 octane in the line.

Mo-Kan 1/4 mile dragway GTP runs 12.3 - YouTube

Next run, I pulled timing back. Also on a 125 shot, it cut a 1.7 60ft and went 11.8 at 114mph. The car felt great on this pass. Trap speed is still 2mph less than it was in Tulsa a year ago.

Mo-Kan 1/4 Mile Dragway GTP runs 11.8 - YouTube

Last run, I went for a 175 shot. Spun hard out of the hole, gripped, and then snapped what I'm assuming is the input shaft. I may have had too much air pressure in the tires, so it could have been my own fault.

Mo-Kan Dragway GTP breaks input shaft - YouTube

Anyways, the car went 11.8 3 times over the past year, along with a WHOLE bunch of low 12 second passes. Plus a few nights of street racing during the summer. I can't really ask much more out a stock internal, 168K mile 4T65E. Although, if my 2nd stage would have actually worked like it was supposed to, I may have gotten pretty close to that 10 second timeslip.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Bah pandaboy. I can at least talk. Took my stocker to 12.5 all day long. I was one of the lucky ones though. No failures :jg:

exterior-DR_zps05ed5832.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info