aZJnNm5.jpg

EpQJgxi.jpg

:xzbit:

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I still have yet to even remotely figure out whats the big deal with these cars...... If I wanted a rickety old grocery getter that rides like shit and will rust after one winter, then I would surly pick one up for the $2000 they are all selling for.

Well we all can't go out and drop $30k-40k+ on brand new vettes and 5.0's.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I still have yet to even remotely figure out whats the big deal with these cars...... If I wanted a rickety old grocery getter that rides like shit and will rust after one winter, then I would surly pick one up for the $2000 they are all selling for.

Factory Supercharger. For a few hundred bucks you could knock a second off your ET. Plus lower insurance than a Mustang or Camaro. Or that was my appeal when I bought mine when I was 19.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
No I was being completely honest with that post. Not trying to provoke. I just dont get them. And what I meant on my past post was that I didnt start out buying vettes and new 5.0s either.

So then what did you purchase in your infinite wisdom instead of a gtp/gs that:

Costs Less than 10k or much cheaper even back 5 years ago
Gets good gas mileage, 20/30 stock
Fits a family or all of your stuff and more, more than a small suv
Runs 13s with $500 bucks in bolt-ons or faster with a couple grand
Cheap as shit to fix and ensure, parts a dime a dozen
Proper maint and these go 200k+
Fairly safe and a larger car
Great ride on long trips, esp a gs
Made to look "ok" with some exterior mods

I'm sure we could add more...

Perfect first car or someone and basically anyone that can't afford like a german car or needs a daily and not a 2 seater rwd v8

Wasn't smugs car still with a stock m90 running the same mphs at the 1/2 mile as your grand sport at that "corvent"??

:)

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So then what did you purchase in your infinite wisdom instead of a gtp/gs that:

Costs Less than 10k or much cheaper even back 5 years ago
Gets good gas mileage, 20/30 stock
Fits a family or all of your stuff and more, more than a small suv
Runs 13s with $500 bucks in bolt-ons or faster with a couple grand
Cheap as shit to fix and ensure, parts a dime a dozen
Proper maint and these go 200k+
Fairly safe and a larger car
Great ride on long trips, esp a gs
Made to look "ok" with some exterior mods

I'm sure we could add more...

Wasn't smugs car still with a stock m90 running the same mphs at the 1/2 mile as your grand sport at that "corvent"??

:)

Wow, your post is a shining example of butthurtedness. Relax cocklin. I simply stated that I dont get the appeal of these cars, and I never will. And if smug was running 146mph, then yeah thats what I ran. But thats neither here nor there. Im not talking about better cars to upgrade, or cheaper insurance. Im just saying I would never want a sedan (especially GM junk gp) as my mod car. I would have thought that a fox mustang or a 4th gen camaro would make more sense all day long. But I know you guys have your reasons for the 3800s. Just not for me or anyone I knew before I started posting here. When I came here with the merger, I was floored that people were putting pullys on them and whatnot. But I also feel the same way when people go out and mod old E55 amg mercedes and so on. Just not my cup of tea. Now I can see a modded diesel truck making 1000rwtq for towing and mudding, but thats what they are built for.

I didnt want to start a flame war with anyone. So please disregard my disregard for your 3800s.....
:hs:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

I still have yet to even remotely figure out whats the big deal about those 5.0 mustangs.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info