pulling trans need help

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
Trying to pull trans at [MENTION=9622]Vostok[/MENTION] garage in Bolingbrook. Keep getting stuck and if anyone can offer advice over phone or in person plz message me. Started saturday afternoon trans is still in car. Passenger side transmisson to engine bracket is fully unbolted but will not come out in order to get to the last reverse bolt holding trans on.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
Take 5 extensions and go from the passenger side to get to that reverse bolt. Also the bracket on the diff housing that bolts to the motor needs to come out.

Thats what were stuck on. Bracket is fuly unbolted from engine and trans/differential and will move around quite a bit but wont come out to get at the reverse bolt. Also tried fully removing differential cover but that also gets stuck with the trans/engine bracket and wont fully come out.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
1452426_10151981340300901_28518145_n.jpg

Trying to pull trans at [MENTION=9622]Vostok[/MENTION] garage in Bolingbrook. Keep getting stuck and if anyone can offer advice over phone or in person plz message me. Started saturday afternoon trans is still in car. Passenger side transmisson to engine bracket is fully unbolted but will not come out in order to get to the last reverse bolt holding trans on.

Don't worry next time you'll have it in half the time....
also you shouldn't have to pull the oil filter pickup off there... you can get the reverse bolt with 2 long extensions...
Be sure to put your oil filter pickup on there correctly or you will murder your motor..... It's not fun, I may or may not be speaking from experience

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
That doesnt seem right.

Post a pic of both convertors

The new trans came out of an 06 Buick Lucerme. Had a 3800 series III on it with a 4t65e non-HD trans 3.05 axle ratio, same as my car.

It had this torque converter on it when it was pulled from the Buick, and for some reason it just wont go on mine cause its too big. Its the one on the left in both pictures. It slides onto the trans shaft fine, it also bolts up to the flywheel fine but doesnt give room to even get the trans started on the guide pins.

1465161_10151988427775901_207175152_n.jpg

1463197_10151988427845901_1004103633_n.jpg

I looked into the Buick having a different flywheel or torque converter and get the same part number on both items for both cars from the big auto parts stores. Problem is my old one has 150k on it and is filled with black fluid and it'll really be a struggle to pull the funds out my ass to buy a new one to have the car back together this weekend.

*Posted by RobDD* Didnt log out of nicks account lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info