3800 well i bit the bullet

L

lliquibop

you guess knock it all you like... i really do like the computer... many of you take my car advice as legit and you ask me for help etc. im not steering you wrong here either... i seriously love this computer more than any computer i have had before... this thing is loaded... more features than i can shake a stick at... it is very fast...

i think its funny that you bash mac... but 95% of you run windows, the biggest security hole in the internet. this mac came out of the box with BSD... its extreemly functional... very easy to opperate... and the hardware is phenominal... gigabit ethernet (yes, ill use it... i work as a wireless WAN admin... we have cool shit like that) wireless G... firewire400... yeah yeah... USB 2 is faster... i have that to... but my firewire800 cruises along at 800mb/s ;) ... i have one of the best LCD displays in the industry... a cd-rw... oh and i almost forgot... a DVD-r... backlit keyboard... bluetooth... anyone who puts this computer down doesent know much about computers. a very powerful risc chip backed with extreemly fast ram and lots of storage, ati 9600 with 64mb and a BSD UNIX OS is gonna make a very sweet machine.

not only do i have all that... but i am already immune to all the horse crap annoyances that plague windows users every day! viruses... trojans... worms... you got em all... and chances are... you prolly have a few... even with norton. spyware galor... more power to you... ill keep my mac.

kyle

L

lliquibop

Originally posted by syP@Dec 22 2003, 01:41 AM
Nitro... they dont have high GHZ ratings... notice how they just passed the 1.0ghz barrier?? they have been like 800mhz forever... they just have gold plated and 64-bit rechnology.. that is why it is faster than PC's... but not the ATHLON 64 series.

my personal favorite is....

right click and save as: hereerererere
yeah... and if you wanted to make a joke telling me to right click that link... i did... with my 6 button mouse! ;)

kyle

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Originally posted by lliquibop@Dec 22 2003, 08:00 PM
you guess knock it all you like... i really do like the computer... many of you take my car advice as legit and you ask me for help etc. im not steering you wrong here either... i seriously love this computer more than any computer i have had before... this thing is loaded... more features than i can shake a stick at... it is very fast...

i think its funny that you bash mac... but 95% of you run windows, the biggest security hole in the internet. this mac came out of the box with BSD... its extreemly functional... very easy to opperate... and the hardware is phenominal... gigabit ethernet (yes, ill use it... i work as a wireless WAN admin... we have cool shit like that) wireless G... firewire400... yeah yeah... USB 2 is faster... i have that to... but my firewire800 cruises along at 800mb/s ;) ... i have one of the best LCD displays in the industry... a cd-rw... oh and i almost forgot... a DVD-r... backlit keyboard... bluetooth... anyone who puts this computer down doesent know much about computers. a very powerful risc chip backed with extreemly fast ram and lots of storage, ati 9600 with 64mb and a BSD UNIX OS is gonna make a very sweet machine.

not only do i have all that... but i am already immune to all the horse crap annoyances that plague windows users every day! viruses... trojans... worms... you got em all... and chances are... you prolly have a few... even with norton. spyware galor... more power to you... ill keep my mac.

kyle
To each their own.... I don't bash people who own macs... just macs themselves...

Windows may be the most popular for being exploited, but it is a fact, that all OS's have about an equal number of vulnerabilities, Windows is more popular, therefore more people are working on exploiting it than anything else... Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS's, they all have security holes, no more than the other, one is just targeted more because more people use it.. If someone does a scan of 100 IP's 98-99 of them will be a Windows variant.

Sounds like you got some nice hardware on the mac. Have to disagree, though, if you are using a wireless network, you can't possibly be using that gigabit NIC to it's potentional. Even the fastest wireless connection can't come close.

in terms of your firewire.. don't be ashamed... even if USB 2.0 is "technically" faster, doesn't mean you will ever see the difference, and frankly firewire, has many advantages...

Your DVD-R will serve you well... be happy it is not a +R only drive...

My only problem is that what are you going to do with this computer? The only problem with the Mac's is this... software develpment...

Windows is more popular.... good or bad... but because of it... there are thousands of people that develop for it... and not for linux, and Mac OS's.. only main stream apps are for Windows... kinda sux.. but it is true... and I know.. there are some for the others.. in fact... this forum is running off of Linux..

Don't bash on him... he likes his Mac.. and that is fine... we all have our own preferences... and his is Mac..

John

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by ThaLord@Dec 22 2003, 09:21 PM
Your DVD-R will serve you well... be happy it is not a +R only drive...

I only have a +R drive. :( It still works fine though. I just take it up the bunghole when I have to buy media. :lol: :D

I wasnt ripping on Kyle. Its always cool to have a new computer, I just never really liked mac myself and me working at CDW, always hear things from the ever so wise tech guys that walk buy.

L

lliquibop

i use both... i like both... i just like this mac better than my PC(s)... as far as compatible software... this mac is way the hell up there... actually... i can argue far more... most linux software is usable... most unix software... all mac software... and yes... i can install XP... so windows software... get NES emulators... so nintendo games too!

i dont need any "defense" against bashing me or macs... especially when its said (or seeming said) so sarcastically

kyle

L

lliquibop

well... i have had the comp for a lil while... and let me tell you... this mac is connected... lol

i have been trying to make it so i can configure my wireless WAN for work from anywhere... i have dial up accounts... VPN... my own wireless... standard ethernet... via celly datacable... everything works...

the comp still "awwes" me with its visual appeal. my background is set to swap an abstract "color blend" every 5 seconds. its very unique looking

and... i figured out how to make it so my computer listens to my voice and respond accordingly. (funny story: i just got to work... and i was feelin' chipper... so i asked my mac to tell me a joke. it told me "enough jokes, get back to work" so i asked it to get my email, and it did.)

the UNIX terminal is so incredibly useful for my job. i can get to all my servers and routers and configure them. i can monitor and get signal and linkstatus info on the fly. when a customer calls up saying their internet is down. its mere seconds for me to tell them its not us, and that its their flakey d-link router. they re boot it and bang... it works...

happy mac customer! (i guess the credit card bill hasnt come in yet though;) )

kyle

T

turbo brick

Kyle,
Which G5 did u get? The 1.6, 1.8 or dual 2Ghz?
I am hopin to get one soon. Upgrade from my G4, I did however, pick us one of the 15.2 in G4 powerbooks. It is sweet. I've been doin a lot of video editing on em. Good to see people who use windows switch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info