3800 Need help with remote starters

F

fungo45

With all the crap that I have in my garage, I don't have room tofir my car in there anymore. So it's time to get a remote starter so I can get the seat warmer cooking befoer I get out there.

Can anyone recommend a good remote starter and/or a place to get it installed in the west burbs (I'm in Aurora/Naperville right by Fox VAlley Mall). I want to get one that will not only start my car, but replace the current remote entry/alarm key fob that came with the car. I don't want to carry both around.

I saw a few online that I liked, but I have no clue if they are compatible with my 97 GTP, or where to get it installed. All the places I called will only install it if I buy it from them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Erik
97 GTP sedan

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I ot my wife's installed for $180 at Sound Experience in Schaumburg. I got the garage so the wife gets a remote starter. :D I do not remember the name of it, but it works from like 2 blocks away. They will even fix it if there is EVER a problem with it. Ask for Mark and he will take care of you. Hope this helps. ;)

I have the Avital 3400? I forget the number. But it is a remote start with alarm. I like it alot. I have almost had it on for a whole year. I have never had any problems with it. The thing is, it usually costs 350 bux, but my older bro worked at best buy for a second job over x-mas and got it for me for 100 bux :D Installation is included with the alarm price. But you have to pay a little more if you want the factory presets to still work, like popping the trunk and having the lights go on when you turn the alarm on and then they go off. hope this helps.

Zack

G

GTPLEE

Originally posted by fungo45@Dec 20 2003, 11:30 AM
With all the crap that I have in my garage, I don't have room tofir my car in there anymore. So it's time to get a remote starter so I can get the seat warmer cooking befoer I get out there.

Can anyone recommend a good remote starter and/or a place to get it installed in the west burbs (I'm in Aurora/Naperville right by Fox VAlley Mall). I want to get one that will not only start my car, but replace the current remote entry/alarm key fob that came with the car. I don't want to carry both around.

I saw a few online that I liked, but I have no clue if they are compatible with my 97 GTP, or where to get it installed. All the places I called will only install it if I buy it from them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Erik
97 GTP sedan
One is the Compu Star 2WSS series the range is up to 6000 ft

http://www.compustar.org/products/2WSS.html

Hope this helps One of the best that I've known so far...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list