3800 SES Light......

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by xplicitt@Dec 19 2003, 02:20 PM
Yesterday morning my Service Engine Soon light came on while I was driving to work. Car seems to be running fine but I have no idea why this fricken light is on now?? Any suggestions??
It's been pretty cold lately which could trip the light. I have a 180 stat and the rubber weather stripping removed. My light came on several times on the way home from work this morning. I also noticed the car was running around 170 degs and wouldn't blow hot air the whole ride home. Im putting that weather stripping back in today. The car heats up much faster with it in and its easy to remove when it the weather warms up in a couple months.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Ony way to know is to scan the car. Sears has this cheap OBDII scanner for around $20. Or, find someone close to you with a scanner...

I thought AutoZone stopped scanning?

I'll be home all week. If you live close, feel free to stop by and we'll scan it. I live in Hanover Park.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Did you have a hangover when the lamp came on? Need to know your upgrades.
The going consensus is a low coolent temp SES. Get it scanned at Autozone for free.

If it is a low temp and you want to continue running a cool engine. Like you SHOULD BE if your running higher psi. A resister can be spliced in to passify the PCM. Zooomer has the details.

It wont harm your engine-if in fact this is the problem. Or are the batterys in our cyristal balls low? <_< ROB

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info