3800 Jim From Fair Muffler

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I cannot find a thread that says where Jim went? Did he open his own shop? They made a custom downpipe for me and I have had nothing but leaks and problems with it for over a year. It needs to be fixed, so hopefully he stands behind his work which he should, as I found him to be a very nice guy. My ubend section is crooked and leaks at the resonator flange. I've tried gaskets, welding, bolts, etc.

If someone could reply with his contact info, it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot stand this exhaust drone another day.

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I didn't see, but the entire piece is at an angle and then on top of that the ubend piece is slanted so the flange does not rest flat against the resonator flange. I am thinking of just having a piece welded from the cat to the resonator with no seam. I know that prevents the ease of changing it, but I'll do it for 2 more years of exhaust silence. I didn't even realize it until I had it at a Merlin's up on the rack.

I'm going to call ahead for a Saturday appt. Should be a quick fix.

BTW, if I do not have a cat, does that make the system louder? Am I correct in thinking that a cat acts as a quasi-resonator of sorts?

I

imported_Diavolo

I have a stock DP (I think). I am sure this is a huge restriction for me right now. What size do most people go with, 3"? I have a 3" exhaust from the dp back. Also I need my Y replaced. How much does a DP and Y cost from Jim? Any suggestions?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info