3800 What is better to get

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Obviously I'm biased..... I don't think I need to say anything more than that :)

But a few points. gotboost : Both of us ARE sponsors to the local club as I'm sure anyone who attended the christmas party or byron event could tell you, etc.

GPS PCM for $100 *ISN'T* bad if you want basic stuff as far as removal of speed limiter, etc. If you're going for performance oriented it may not be for you. However, at $100 you could probably turn around and dump it pretty easy and not loose money if you upgrade later.... As far as that goes C-YA has a $99 upgrade so you could buy that for $100 and pay $99 to C-YA and get a pcm ... :D

As far as whether you run a c-ya or a dhp that will depend on your mods and all the small details, etc.

From what I can tell about their pcm, and no I didn't have to rip the competition's code off of a few boxes either :angry: , is that they like lower timing and less fuel. in their calibration. This is ironically quite similar to what GM Engineers do :unsure: for our cars to begin with...... Now running leaner with an IC setup is beneficial as leaner = meaner, but too lean = boom. (which is why they don't do much with timing).

Our units bump up the fueling on the top end as in our opinion they run too lean and we make more power by adding timing with the fuel among other things.

If you are going all out with the car REGARDLESS of which pcm you get, you should go the dyno route as its the only way to be sure. However, the advantage we have here is that we can do this locally and you do not have to wait for someone to send our competitor a file so that he can then program your pcm. (we could also do adjustments while driving city/street/highway, but i prefer doing this stuff on a dyno if at all possible.)

As far as our cost, if you are a listed member of the club, yes you must be listed in the club, you can get a deal locally. Also, time permitting, I'm more than happy to make minor adjustments to those units to suite your needs, etc.

I hope that helps.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Two questions Charles?

How much do you typically charge for a dyno tune after you get a some hardecore mods like a cam, ic, etc.....

ALso, how do we go about when getting our transmissions redone by MIKER w 3.29 gears with a DHP PCM already? WIll the car even be ok to drive with the PCM and shift point all messed up to your house to recalibrate it?

I just dont want to pay a 100 dollar fee when I finally redo my transmission for another PCM. :)

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by syP@Dec 17 2003, 10:44 AM
What is better to get... DHP from charles or a custom PCM... or are those the same thing??? let me know. :)

thanks
ryan
DHP/CYA/Custom are all pretty much the same thing. They PCMs with modified parameters....Charles or MD can custom tune it from there with a quick reflash. IMHO get the DHP. Charle's is really cool about making changes for you afterwards depending on which mods you get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info