Need Transmission

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
I have reason to believe my trans is going out again, its not hard shifting like yours though, there's a LOT of slipping, especially when cold. As the car/trans heats up it goes away completely.

Does yours do anything like that at all?

I went to atomic transmission is villa Park. They offer a one year warranty with unlimited mileage. Mine was rebuilt and IIRC I paid $1800 but they also fixed a rear main seal leak and an engine Mount and a sensor in thebtrans.

That seems like a really good price and I could have used that warranty if I took mine there, considering I had my trans done less than a year ago and am having issues again.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
1800 is a pretty good price, when I had my car at the trans shop in the spring for some diagnostics the dude was trying to talk me into leaving the car there and just have them pull the trans and rebuild it he wanted 800 to pull it and put it back in and 800 in labor to rebuild it not including the price of parts

1 quick ininterested in doing this trans? anyone else on here? how bad is the job?

Its pretty extensive, not to mention its dirty. You get trans fluid everywhere. its 5x easier after you do your first one though..
If you pull it yourself you can take it to triple edge in iIndiana. He rebuilt my dynotech trans, which was completely destroyed thanks to the tq converter, for like 1700 i think it was. And he said it would be safe into the low 11s.
generally for trans work though its far cheaper to take it to iIndiana, try KTM they are in the st. John area they are pretty reasonable

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I like to do it that way, unless the car has headers welded together then its a bad time lol

:werd: It's so easy to just pull the whole thing. I had no idea WTF I was doing (just kinda watched phatride do it) when I pulled my motor/trans. With a turbo kit, a CT kit nonetheless, I had the motor and trans out in 4hrs. Had I known what I was doing and i didn't have the worst turbo kit to take apart, I feel like that would have been cut in 1/2. So easy to yank those motors. Not Honda easy, but easy.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
E-Bay interchange is saying a 06 trans will not work for my 07. Is that incorrect?

I'm not positive on the interchange for the 06-07 but I think they are both the same I know there were some changes from 04-05 to the 06 [MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] would know and I found one that can be had for around 350 I believe

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info