3800 LP How's The IC Working?

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I love it. I am still making the system better as days go by. I had a dyno appointment, until my freakin' fuel pump went out. So my car was down for like a week because of that -and a busy christmas schedule. I am making another appointment very soon for sure. I have the system on a switch, so I will be able to run it with it on and off. I don't believe that people say you should not gain any HP from an IC right from the beginning. I had no knock before and now my car is sounding healthier than it has in a long time. Very nicely performing. I just need to get the smaller pulley on there and some injectors real soon.
I have the chiller and the intercooler ready for production. I am already making four of them this week. They will be done by friday, hopefully. The chiller is a little extra work, but it is really turning out to be a winner. It can assist anybody's existing system. I do not have any radiator in the system either. Just this little chiller hiding under the hood. I have already improved the IC and the AC parts of the system. There is also a stage 2 in the works that can be added onto the existing chiller system. "HOW LOW CAN WE GO" :D I tested the water temp a while ago and after full boosting to 100mph, I saw the water go as high as 105 degrees. But after letting the chiller go to work while the car was idling, it dropped down to about 62 degrees. It took like 15 minutes, but you do not need the water that cold just for street racing. I cannot imagine after the realistic 45 minutes that you have to wait at the track. The extra bonus with this invention is that you have created your own atmosheric temperature for the cooling. And the outside temperature will be -26 degrees all year round for me. It makes no difference if it is winter or summer because the water is not exposed to outside air.
You will be the only one with his car running in the staging lanes listening to music with the AC on, and actually helping your car ;)
If anyone is interested in this AC IC break through, let me know and I can answer any questions anyone might have.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
For now I am using the stock lines, just cut up. This is temporary and I personally would not suggest it. I am sure it will hold, but it looks ghetto. I wil be slapping on some PRJ's pretty soon. I will have one extra IC core for sale this week. This is selling for $450. $475 in the color of your choice. It is 2" and fits under my SD ram air hood. It is a one piece design and is indestructable. If anyone had the time to put the plumbing together by them self( or help from me or a friend) you can be intercooled for around $800.
It will be about $1,300 for the chiller kit. You will then need to spend about a $100 more on custom hoses for you AC lines. Easy to get, I just do not know where you want to mount the chiller. I can help you with any suggestions and questions you may have. For the radiator design, I am looking to keep the price under $1,000. I have not gotten a final price on it because I have not personally used one yet. But everyone else who has an IC is doing it that way, so whatever you want, just let me know.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I will be glad to help with an install. The only thing that I do not want to help with is cutting the fuel rails. Just a liabilty thing, not being lazy. Mine are that way now, so you can check them out as we do the install.
For a grand total of having all the intercooler/hardware/chiller/hoses/AC hoses/gaskets/pump/ wire and my help (free)= $1,300.
You will need to supply a resevoir. I cannot assume a place where everyone would like to have one, or I would sell one also. I used my washer fluid tank. I never use that anyways, and it is tucked in the fender wall, so no one will ever know. It only need to hold 1 gallon, so it can be small.
I do have prices on all the parts that can be purchased seperately. A few people already have done this. That way you do not have to save it up all at once. Hard to do for a lot of people.

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by LP 3800@Dec 18 2003, 07:43 PM
For a grand total of having all the intercooler/hardware/chiller/hoses/AC hoses/gaskets/pump/ wire and my help (free)= $1,300.
Wow...that price is more than reasonable. I'd actually like to help with the install too and have no problem cutting stuff on my car :p In case anyone is interested awhile back when I was considering a WI set up for my GS Paul J mentioned that a 1 gal washer fluid resvoir from an LT1 F-body would fit like a glove and make an excellent chiller, I'll bet it'd work for a GP too. He said these could be had at AutoZone for less than $30.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
We can open it up the day of the install. I used a dremel tool. Although people make it sound like that is ghetto, it eats through thin aluminum like nothing. Then I just ran a chamfer tool across the edges to get a nice smooth finish. You don't need to open it up that much. I forgot the exact measure, but I have it somewhere. I did not make it a massive core, because the air will only hit so much of the core anyways. The rest is just a longer path for the coolant to travel through the extreme heat. In and out is what you want the fluid to do as fast as possible. That is also why I am using a 15GPM pump with my system.
Another idea for a resevoir... I believe the coolant bottle from the 97 GP's have it in a different spot then the newer one's. You could probably just install that one also, or vice versa.

Caedo

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Ok so this is a done deal huh?
Brian i think you know I am one of the people that want one of these so i might be giving you call next week after xmas.
Plus since the car is no being used i might just get a couple things done while this is the case. :D

When you get a chance PM me your phone number I dont think i have it any more.

Juan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info