3800 Guitar help

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by zeez gtp@Dec 15 2003, 10:39 PM
My G string keeps going out of tune.
LOL....you need help w/your G string. J/K , but I couldn't resist. How often is it coming out? Guitars really should be tuned between every song anyway, but if it's coming out during a song and if you're not a really hard player (aka SRV) you might have a bridge problem. Being the largest of the non-wound strings the G is the toughest to tune and i've always had a hard time w/it on my Strat. Some guitars have a tuning mechanism for the bridge specifically. If yours doesn't have one you might need to take it to a guitar shop to have it tuned. Good luck either way.

Thanks for the help. I have a gibson les paul, so it's not like i have a crappy 70 dollar guitar. I play anything rock basically. it's just that everytime on a song that i would have to do bends or heavy vibrato on the g string, it would pop and go out of tune. over x-mas i think i am gonna take it in to have them fix it, i also need to get my toggle switch fixed. I can't play on the rhythm. and i think i am gonna get some new emg's for the guitar also. but anyways, thanks alot.

supercharged: i will try that re-stringing next time i put the strings on

sr71_rgl: i was thinking the same thing, i new someone would say something about a g-string :D

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If it's an intonation problem I can fix that. What gauge do you use? It can also be a combination of the neck set-up and the gauge. I have 7 guitars, 2 that I custom built. My Les Paul has always had some staying in tune problems. It's great for lead work, but open chords, and poly chords sound like crap on it. If you ever need any help with this stuff I've been playing for about 20 years. I've been in several bands and even toured for awhile back in the day. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I didn't realize we had a couple of musicians on this site. By this summer I'll have a small recording studio set-up for demos and pre production work. If anyone is interested, I have just about everything a solo musician would need for song production; guitars, bass, amps, keyboards, rhythm instruments. The only things I'm lacking are drums (but have drum machine) and outboard gear. I can add effects after tracks are laid down. I generally run 16 bit 44.1KHz, but can do 24bit/96KHz HD recording. I use Sonar 2.0XL, with many plug ins, and have run as many as 80 tracks with no problems. I'm starting construction by next month. I can record full bands, but will be limited to 10 inputs at one time. If anyone wants to lay down some tracks let me know, I wasn't going to actually be bringing in bands until February 2005, and I could use the practice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list