Top swap kits. ZZP vs. WBody Store

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
I still haven't decided what I'm doing with my Grand Prix in the next year, but I was wondering why does ZZP not offer a top swap for 04-08 series III, and when I e-mailed them about it they said it was more trouble than its worth to do a top swap on the series III, yet W Body Store offers a top swap option for series III for around $1500?

I really wanted the CSC kit on clubGP but the guy pretty much abandoned the thread and never sold it to anyone. Bullshit. I did so many side jobs I didn't want to do to get the money for that kit.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I don't think ZZP sees the money in the top swap for the newer cars. Top swaps are a pain in the ass for everyone. They're heavy to ship, it's nearly impossible to find heads without cracks, there's a bunch of small stuff and invariable something is missing from the kit...

Dropping in the entire engine is the easiest thing to do but it's not feasible for a lot of people for one reason or another. Turbo'ing is by far the best thing to do and honestly it's what we recommend to most people even though we don't offer a turbo kit.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
I don't trust myself to install a turbo kit and I haven't done much shopping around on install pricing, I know ZZP is reasonable for install pricing on their kits but getting my car there is the problem.

I haven't done any shopping around locally except I stopped at Modern Muscle in Plainfield a month or two ago and the guy at the desk there gave me a ballpark estimate of $10,000 to install a turbo kit since they normally don't do FWD stuff there.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
michael-jordan-lol.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info