Picked up a new car, needs a motor

I just picked up a 99 GTP with 200k on it. It's a 1 owner car. the car/interior is gorgeous. Supposedly never had the trans replacled/rebuilt, seems far fetched to me. I payed $1000 for it. I need a motor, was thinking of gen v'ing an N/A motor. but would prefer to toss in an l67 if I could find one for $500 or so. If anyone has a stock l67/l32 laying around let me know. Not looking to break the bank. Since I'm building an lq4 for my 79 z28 also.
After pulling my plugs I found a spark plug to be smashed up... Seems to be my luck with grand prixs. So will most likely not be using any of the parts off this motor.

ResizedImage_13797484325491.jpg

Send me some pictures of the bad trans car, I may buy the whole car without the motor if the body and interior are decent

The lady said there is no key for it, she sold the car to someone. they were taking it home and the trans went. so they brought it back and never returned the key. the title is also signed... I have not seen the car yet, I do believe it's a 4 door. I'll try to find out though

Here's what I know...
-Has a title however, she is the leinholder. When the trans went out. He dropped the car off said he wasn't paying anymore. Did not sign the title.
-No Radio
-Missing one window regulator
-Dented Fender
-No mufflers
-Interior is "worn"
-No keys
I need the motor and the trunk lid, I will put my trunk lid on the car. and probably sit my old motor in it. If anyone needs parts let me know

She said they are in good shape. and I will part it as long as I have enough to equal what the junk yard is gonna give me. Which is $350. The only things that I know I need are the motor and the trunk lid. Not sure what else yet seeing as how I haven't been able to start/drive my car yet... If I sold the wheels I would need some steelies to throw on it.

Is your trunk lid rusted out? I would take it for the 350, if you put a trunk lid back on it and it comes with your complete blown up motor, the only other thing I care about is that the rear strut towers are not completely gone

Yeah. my trunklid is rusted on the bottom. Which I thought was weird because the rest of the car... except the rockers is clean.... and You read what I said about the title correct?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
are you doing that for an engine?

if not I may be okay with parting with the monte i was building up just to get rid of it... i don't have the time to finish it or play with it...

it has a 2007 L26 with 66k on it with L67 heads/lim/sc

runs and drives... would need some buttoning up shit to make it a good driver.

car is rusty as fuck and beat to shit though- has decent tires though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info