3800 IF you HAD to buy one or the other, what would

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Sti: 2.5L turbo running at 14psi stock. controllable center differntial

Evo: Forged internals, 2.0L 4g63t (i think that is the motor code), 19 psi stock.

the mitsu motor is a proven motor that is capable of ridiculous boost and really great power (same motor that was on the Eclipse GST and GSX and also used in the Talon TSi.). the scoobie motor i don't know too much about.

When you look at the two I would chose the Scoobie for the following reasons. The boost is lower stock. The motor has greater displacement. Although the mitsu motor is a proven motor it is already pretty high strung, and even with the forged internals the expandablility seems to be less. If you were to give the STi forged internals and run it at 19psi the STi would be smacking the piss out of the EVO. I guess it depends on what you plan in the future.

I would buy the scoobie because i liked the WRX and i feel the scoobie gives you some more room to work with. Either car is a great choice within that market. If you have time i would hold out a year or so cause i have heard the STi will be moving to a 3.0l motor in the next MY. It is just a rumor, but i would be willing to put stock in it. the 2.5L is having a hard time competing with the EVO so i could see subaru going nuts to win the war. If you buy either one i really, REALLY want to drive it. :D Especially if it is the STi.. but i would settle for a ride.

BC

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
cmon.. how cool is this car... id take it in an instant.. the 4wd makes it like a little go cart. its sooo fun. Especially when it sounds like a corvette.

wrx.jpg

wrx2.jpg

^^^ jaime231's beater car in the background :)

wrx3.jpg

wrx4.jpg

^^^ with my old tips... and my brother is getting his cam installed in the big garage as that pic was taken :p

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by 2KREDGHOST@Dec 12 2003, 11:14 AM
I would buy the WRXSTI and sell it then invest in an Eclipse GSX AWD turbo. Total freakin sleeper.
you would be better off just buying an Eclipse GST/GSX. Cars are a TERIBLE investment and you would lose a ton of money by buying an sti then sellin it. Somewhere on the order of 5-10% of the cars value.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by sweetness+Dec 12 2003, 11:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sweetness @ Dec 12 2003, 11:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2KREDGHOST@Dec 12 2003, 11:14 AM
I would buy the WRXSTI and sell it then invest in an Eclipse GSX AWD turbo. Total freakin sleeper.
you would be better off just buying an Eclipse GST/GSX. Cars are a TERIBLE investment and you would lose a ton of money by buying an sti then sellin it. Somewhere on the order of 5-10% of the cars value. [/b][/quote]
ya, my bro bought a '92 AWD Talon Turbo and he put about 10 g's into the drivetrain--- he is running high tens now!! :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info