3800 When I put in the performance fuel pump

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hmmm, did you get to read the Thrasher post on injectors? Darn, I think its on the old site. Very informative. I think its on the Thrasher site too... let me see.

Here's the qoute:
The production injector for all L67 engines is calibrated from the factory as a 36 lb/hour (4.6 g/sec) injector.  A very rough formula to determine the power level a injector can support is simply to divide the total flowrate of all the injectors (6 in this case) by the BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption).  If we conservatively estimate our BSFC at an inefficient 0.6 lb/hr/HP, six 36 lb/hr injectors will provide 216 lb/hr of total flow, so this indicates they can support up to 360 HP.  A more realistic BSFC is 0.5 lb/hr/HP (our engines are a bit more efficient than 0.6!), which indicates our stock injectors can support up to 432 HP!  Actual engine dyno testing has shown that the BSFC of our engines is between 0.35 and 0.4, meaning the stock 36 lb/hr (4.6 g/sec) injectors can theoretically support between 540 to 617 HP!

I had a hard time deciding whether to upgrade my fp or injectors. Ended up upgrading my pump first because of several factors:
- Cost me less to find out if it solves my leaning up top problem.
- Advised by members to try the fp first.
- My fp is the orig - might as well replace it for preventive maintenance.
- The worse that could happen is I also get new injectors to work with my new fp.

LP3800: The IC AC uses the stock fuel rails?

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Thanks for the info. The AC IC leaves the rails up to you, for now. I will end up getting some real ones soon.
Do you think that 38LB will do it? I don't want to change them again, nor do I want one's that are too big. How much for some 38LB'ers? I need them soon.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Feul pump will keep your injectors from going static on you,hard to tell for how long though. I have gone to the 42.5's and so far have good luck with them. Need to get the puter programmed for them still. But have other issues i'm dealing with and just don't have the time to work on car right now.. Thrasher's cage car is supposedly running stock injectors and a walbro pump so it will help.Get the 42.5's your going to need them.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I will get the 42.5's...soon. The next thing I buy(after my car is pumping again) is the input shaft. I think we all know that mine is going soon and I do not want another tow story in the near future. I will talk to Miker for that one and see how his new shaft is going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info