*ahem*

jamesknows2.png

:jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the computer doesnt control the boost except to dump boost by opening the bbv during traction control events.

all that can be tuned out via the pcm.

removing the bbv solenoid (either physically or just removing the vac line to the manifold and bbv) results in a bbv system that only opens with manifold vacum (steady cruise/decel/idle

tell grandpa's friend to leave your bbv alone, it should be adjusted to be closed engine off and be able to open 90* with vac applied for it to be working properly.

you should probably be close to 8ish psi with the airflow mods.
if ya have stock catback and the oem maf sensor it'd probably be lower.

dont get hung up on boost, its a measurement of restriction and doesnt correlate with peak power

Al's 04 dropped 3psi of boost getting rid of the factory restrictive catback, and it sure didnt lose power lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The bbv is the black vac actuator and the butterfly valve in the blower...the bbv solenoid is what he deleted
you do not need it but with it in place the PCM can limit power during traction control and torque management

I also wanted to make sure that he left the lower vacuum port open on the actuator where theboost bypass valve solenoid connects to the actuator.

if it is capped off then as it heats up a can force it to open and dump boost
so to be clear about this the top port goes to the vacuum tee on the top of the blower...the lower port is open or connected to the solenoid

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
The bbv is the black vac actuator and the butterfly valve in the blower...the bbv solenoid is what he deleted
you do not need it but with it in place the PCM can limit power during traction control and torque management

I also wanted to make sure that he left the lower vacuum port open on the actuator where theboost bypass valve solenoid connects to the actuator.

if it is capped off then as it heats up a can force it to open and dump boost
so to be clear about this the top port goes to the vacuum tee on the top of the blower...the lower port is open or connected to the solenoid

I've ran w/o the solenoid and just the lower port open for years w/o issue.... Because James told me to do this many years ago :nutz:

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
Sorry I have been busy today changing a alternator and belt on my car to stop a damn squealing noise, I think it is the pcv valve after some research. The bottom of the bbv has a hose hooked up to it that goes right under the snout of the supercharger and connects to maybe the LIM? It is not connected to the blower itself but right underneath it. Also my boost gauge is hooked up inline with this hose

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Yer bbv got hooked up wrong
Unplug the lower hose from bbv actuator and plug it with a bolt/golf tee and leave the lower bbv fitting open
Hopefully he didn't touch the other upper hose
After you do this you'll build boost
As its plumbed right now...when you build boost your opwning the bbv and dumping it....no wonder you only see 4psi

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Alright sounds good. Do i plug up where ever the hose ends under the snout?

Hose under the snout should go to the MAP and the FPR. If either of those is hooked to a different vacuum source it is good that you were seeing low boost. The GTP FPR will actually lower fuel pressure under boost if it is hooked to a pre S/C rotor vacuum source. (If you have an 97-03 of course)

Maybe this pic will help:

vaclines_154.jpg

*not my drawing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info