How much nitrous can I spray through an m90?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Any idea here? I'd like to add a second stage to this car and see what it will do on the stock trans. I was just going to use another shark nozzle and was banking on the rotors mixing everything up to keep distribution even. But, that got me thinking....what if there is too much fuel and spray in the housing and the belt slips?

Instead of switching to a plate style spacer with a even distribution, would I be better off adding one of the belt slip kits...like what Mike sells at WBS?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
If you are going to be spraying a real large shot then why not spray it post-blower. I get the impression you plan to run a bigger one so bite the bullet and plumb into the lower intake manifold.

Cold Air= more boost, so since nitrus cools the air, pre-blower would add to the boost level (by cooling the intake air it is traveling with) on top of the added oxygen, so extra HP vs post blower.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Cold Air= more boost, so since nitrus cools the air, pre-blower would add to the boost level (by cooling the intake air it is traveling with) on top of the added oxygen, so extra HP vs post blower.

LOL thanks for the science lesson. I am well aware of the aircharge cooling properties of a cryogenic gas such as nitrous, however if the OP is planning on spraying a truly large shot then it becomes a better choice to spray post-blower. With smaller shots I agree that pre-blower will net more power and one hell of alot more torque. I guess it depends on what the OP means by "large shot".

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Remember how 10sec did the alky injection in the LIM? I wonder how that would work, with nitrous.

I don't really think I want to spend all the money on a direct port kit. I had planned on doing that in a year or two, but there should be lots of revisions by then, so I don't want to have to do it again.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
LOL thanks for the science lesson. I am well aware of the aircharge cooling properties of a cryogenic gas such as nitrous, however if the OP is planning on spraying a truly large shot then it becomes a better choice to spray post-blower. With smaller shots I agree that pre-blower will net more power and one hell of alot more torque. I guess it depends on what the OP means by "large shot".

Did everyone else know it? Did the OP know it. No reason to be a know-it-all :dunno:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Remember how 10sec did the alky injection in the LIM? I wonder how that would work, with nitrous.

I don't really think I want to spend all the money on a direct port kit. I had planned on doing that in a year or two, but there should be lots of revisions by then, so I don't want to have to do it again.

john tismara or something along those lines (John T) did that back in the early 2000's with nx direct port and a mp112 blower, im not sure how big of a shot he was running but i think it trapped in the 130's and ran someware in the 10's, there used to be some pictures of his set up on intense's websight way back in the day

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
john tismara or something along those lines (John T) did that back in the early 2000's with nx direct port and a mp112 blower, im not sure how big of a shot he was running but i think it trapped in the 130's and ran someware in the 10's, there used to be some pictures of his set up on intense's websight way back in the day

Hmmmm. Maybe I should look into a direct kit. I'm sure adding another stage would be cheaper, but if it's not going to work.....

Of course, the motor still has stock head bolts. I wonder what those will hold before the heads lift...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info