Topswap help

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
So I just got done installing my top swap on my 04 grand prix and the car will not run with the MAP sensor installed. I can get it to start one time with it plugged in and it runs alright but if I shut it off it will not start up again and if I run the car for about 5 minutes it will shut off and not start again. When I unplug the MAP sensor the car runs great. Any help? My scanner say it is seeing 9 volts and it should only be seeing 5, I went and got a new 2 bar map sensor and it is seeing the same thing. The cars PCM was tuned by ZZP. Also there is a weird squealing noise that comes and goes, is that just a supercharger belt or is that more likely a bearing or coupler inside the SC snout? Thanks for the help,

Mike

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
is some of those cars are equipped with dual map sensors one of which is only used for barometric reference I don't know how you have everything wired or what but anyways
the squealing sounds like you don't have a fresh air supply for your PCV in the motor is sucking in air pass the seals
make sure the fresh air supply Nipple was not blocked off and that it gets fresh air from past the mass airflow sensor but in front of your throttle body

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
So found out today that after some searching napa decided to sell me a one bar sensor instead of a 2 bar sensor, tuesday the new 2 bar should be in and I am assuming that will fix my problem of not wanting to start and running weird. As far as the squeal goes I think I am going to pull the belt and try to narrow down where the sound is coming from. I think it may be a bad pulley.

As far as turbo, with how much I have put into this damn topswap I almost wish I did decide to go turbo lol. One day she will either be twin charged or turbo'd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info