3800 will I need snout machining for A 2.8"

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Dec 7 2003, 03:48 PM
Can you run a straight IC setup without any supporting mods and still go with a 3.0" or lower pulley? Of do you still need mods such as Ported Man, Headers, Exhaust, etc..

Joel
I saw someone put on a I/C withOUT a ported mani, and didnt see the gains he'd like....get the PORTED MANIFOLD!!!!or do it yourself.. ;)

headers really not needed, but id recommend some kind of exhaust work.

im starting to think bigger injectors are strting to be needed. :unsure:

HTHs

2 weeks and counting!!!!!!!! B)

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Dec 7 2003, 07:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Dec 7 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jk99gtp@Dec 7 2003, 03:48 PM
Can you run a straight IC setup without any supporting mods and still go with a 3.0" or lower pulley? Of do you still need mods such as Ported Man, Headers, Exhaust, etc..

Joel
I saw someone put on a I/C withOUT a ported mani, and didnt see the gains he'd like....get the PORTED MANIFOLD!!!!or do it yourself.. ;)

HTHs

2 weeks and counting!!!!!!!! B) [/b][/quote]
ya someone was really mad :ph34r:

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
This summer I am thinking of going the Ported Manifold + 2.5" or 3" Downpipe w/high flow cat route while keeping the stock exhaust..I was just curious if it was possible to run such a small pulley with just an IC and nothing else without blowing the motor up..

If I were to get the mani's + the downpipe do you know if Jim (At the new exhaust shop he works at) would be able to do both?? Or does he just do the downpipe. Also I've read the horror stories on hard it is to install headers, is it the same for manifolds also?

Latah!

Joel

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Dec 7 2003, 10:20 PM
This summer I am thinking of going the Ported Manifold + 2.5" or 3" Downpipe w/high flow cat route while keeping the stock exhaust..I was just curious if it was possible to run such a small pulley with just an IC and nothing else without blowing the motor up..

If I were to get the mani's + the downpipe do you know if Jim (At the new exhaust shop he works at) would be able to do both?? Or does he just do the downpipe. Also I've read the horror stories on hard it is to install headers, is it the same for manifolds also?

Latah!

Joel
I thought you were talking about the "INTAKE" manifold. Ported intake manifold is a "MUST"..IMHO.

Ported headers"exhaust", will be just fine. :)

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by superchargedgp+Dec 7 2003, 09:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Dec 7 2003, 09:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Dec 7 2003, 07:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jk99gtp
@Dec 7 2003, 03:48 PM

Joel

HTHs

2 weeks and counting!!!!!!!! B)
ya someone was really mad :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Originally posted by CoolGTX+Dec 7 2003, 07:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Dec 7 2003, 07:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jk99gtp@Dec 7 2003, 03:48 PM

Joel

HTHs

2 weeks and counting!!!!!!!! B) [/b][/quote]

my mods:IC, FWI, and exhaust. i ran a 13.6@101 with a 3.0. so no, you do not need anything else to support the IC or a smaller pulley. it does its job all by itself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info