3800 Transmisson Leak and Whining

I have noticed a small transmisson fluid leak. I am wondering if anyone knows what exactly is causing this.. I am new to this whole car thing. Also I get a loud whining sound when i turn left. It only happens when i turn left and press the gas or make harder right turns...One more thing I am getting a pulsate from from brakes when i brake.. I think the rotors are not round or warped but how did they get like that? It was fine like a month ago.. i dont do any racing or anything just drive normal(for now)... Thanks...

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
As far as the whining That is coming from the power steering pump. DOuble check the fluid level in the resovior. (located way in the back and down almost underneath the alternator towards the firewall) Also on sharp turns the whining is normal..also check for excessive belt slipping on the accessory belt.

As far as pulsating brakes. WARPED rotors. How many miles on the pads and rotors? more than 50,000 time to change them.

Can you pinpoint the location of the tranny leak? Is it directly where the pan is? If it is it might be time for a new gasket..and a tranny flush.

If it is leaking from a hose. The hose might be old and already falling apart. So it is time to replace it.

i WILL CHECK ON THE WHINNING THIS WEEKEND.. NOT SURE HOW MANY MILES ARE ON THE BRAKES... BUT DAM WHEN I AM BRAKING OFF THE HIGHWAY AROUND 6-MPH THE WHOLE CAR SHAKES CAUSE OF THE PULSATE.! i think the leak is coming from the pan.. it is a very smal small leak i see only a small amount on my driveway or where i park... any clue how much to have a new gasket put in? and where to go.. i am in the west burbs..of chicago. And any clue what needs exactly to be done to fix the brakes? i dont want some guy ripping me off and changing more then he needs to.. thanks guys!!!

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
If you dont feel like doing the tranny yourself just take it to any place that changes oil and have them do a "pan drop only" also tell them you need a new filter (magnet) and Gasket. Most places might not change the gasket because it is a reuseable one. The prices range from 50-80buxs. Also dont let them convince you that a synthetic blend is better. Keep OEM fluid in it.

The brakes are no biggie. If they are warped i wouldn't even bother getting them cut because they wont get any better. Just get some blanks and some decent pads. Call up a friend and do the brakes in your garage. If ya need a hand with those let me know, I'll help ya out.

Well i just called this place i might get the brakes done told themwhat they are doing and they might be warped .. he said they mihgt not be warped but have rust on them which causes the pulsate.... and that i would need new rotors and pads for them.... i am goign there friday morning... i am assuimg it will cost about 250-300$ for one pair to be fixed..

it seems to pulsate when i am braking very slow like right befofe i stop at a light.. so i dont knwo if un balanced wheels would even do it then?... i have no tools to do it on my own and need it done by sat afternoon...this sucks it was all fine then it just happened.... i think it is cause i drove 7,000 in 3 months..

I just looked under my car. it looks like it is leaking from this large silver pan whihc i am assuming is the trans pan...that is where i see trans fluid hanging from before it drops... my icq# is 81082338 or my AIM name is rockbassray.. be easier to chat about this through.. those..anything useful for cleaning disc brakes besides buying brake cleaner? i thought wd-40 worked well?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info