3800 mercedes amg goes down...

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
most peeps here know that I am NOT a street racer (altho I complain about NOT getting races..). i prefer the track to settle my grudges (and cherish my drivers license.. :eek: ).
tonight tho on the way home from work, this dork in an E55 ( ithink it was an E55) AMG started shit... trying to block me in by speeing up and slowing down... IOW, PISSING ME OFF BIGTIME!!!
I got a break and punched it pulling out in front of him, he followed then got in the lane next to me. side by side at about 40 MPH i looked at him, gave him a dirty look then we both punched it. PRAISE DHP for the 3-1 skip shifts :D :ph34r: !!!
I buried him from the roll after he got a 1/2 car on me. We caught the light. I brake torqued to 2600 and when the light went green just blew his german engineered ass away!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One for the books :)

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
ight, i dont want to start anything here but i am gonna have to raise the BS flag on this one! i know you got a a 12 sec GTP which i TOTALLY respect, but are you sure you were racing a E55 AMG?? those things run 12.5's ALL DAY!! and i have read that if you put slicks on a stock AMG E55 you can run close to 12 flats with good conditions and driver. you would smoke ANY non AMG'd Benz. i have also heard of some jag offs puttin AMG badges on plain Benz's which is pretty gay! like i said before... not tryin to hate here but those AMG's are just REALLY QUICK!! :eek:

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Good kill...

Beating one on the street is completely possible. Beating anything on the street is possible. I have beat Ls1's on the street, then lost to a WRX the next race. Has everything to do with the driver and conditions. Just remember that those times are run at a track... even bad tracks have a WHOLE lot more tractions than any street you are going to find.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I believe Chris is running between mid to high 12's - but that was a while ago and it was not fully tuned to his mods. He might be faster now...

Excellent kill! I wonder what goes through the losers mind - driving an expensive car like that - when they start seeing someone elses tailights? :lol:

Knowing how to drive the car is definately the other half of the equation to fully see a cars potential. Take for example this WRX Sti at GLD last month: This guy pulls up to the staging lanes with a brand new WRX STi. Everyone starts to walk over to see the car and talk to the driver. The driver comes out - in a full racing suite - adorned with racing decals of all sorts. He really looked like he belonged with the car. He says this is the cars first time at the track, but he's been at GLD in the past. He was cool - talked about his car and how he wants to show the EvoVIII drivers a thing or two :rolleyes:.
Well, the man with the cool racing suite driving a WRX Sti 300hp ran 15.xx sec in the 1/4 mile :( . Not sure whether to feel sorry for the car or driver.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
and another thing.. once you have been to the track, you learn how important a good launch is... and you learn to perfect that... someone who has not been to the track.. doesn't know that.. and thinks if you hit the gas, and make the tires smoke, that means you are accelerating fast. We all know that just slows you down.... and Chrys knows that too, launch without wheelspin, and you will accelerate faster...

This guy prolly didn't know that... he just bought this "fast" car and didn't think that a "family" car would be able to smoke him...

Chrys showed him whats up....

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by sweetness@Dec 5 2003, 02:54 AM
If it had Dual/Dual exhaust it was a newer model. The older model had a single/dual exhaust on the passenger side of the car. Also the badging looks crisper on the back. Like the letters are more squarely cut... at least it does to me. :D

BC
I got up close to an AMG E55 yesterday at that exotic car dealership on North Ave and County Farm Rd and am still thinking about it. It's a very impressive ride up close and the HP/TQ #s are on par with only the fastest of the fast. Damn thing had front disks almost as big as my 077s :blink: The only thing that made it look anything less that spectacular were the 5 or 6 Lambos in the show room :D

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Dec 9 2003, 11:41 AM
car is definately a performer, but i had heard was the handling was not as good as it should be. :(
i was actually not that impressed with the styling of it. A little boxy for a merc.
there are other merc i like the styling on alot better.
ya, it doesnt handle quite as well as the Bimmer M5 or the Audi RS6 but it is faster than both of those!! handling is also relative -- the AMG handles better than 90% of the cars out there its just that when you compare the best with the best, you usually dont come out on top in Every category...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info