Weird thing happened today

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
03 Regal GS.
Was driving down the road and coming to a stop. Halfway to the stop I felt a weird bump in the brake pedal and my ABS light, Traction control and Check engine light went on. They stayed on until I got to my destination 2 miles later and I parked and shut it off. I started it up and they didn't come back on.
Anybody know what's going on here?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Eet gunna esplode

wheel sensor its common
You get a tiny bit of where in the bearing and the clearance between the sensing element and the tone ring gets larger and then you get s***** signal drop out at low rpm's
the galvanic corrosion between the aluminum knuckle in the iron hub doesn't help things either
you're finding Dr minutes at least for more than a hundred fifty miles because the wheel bearings while having a pair of play are not bad if they were bad that would be on all the time
you'll probably put another 20k or more miles on it....it will get worse or you can pull ABS fuse and not worry about it and learn how to drive like a real man without a computer helping you...

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Thanks for the replies
Both front wheel bearings were replaced about 50,000 miles ago and the backs have 100k on them. I put the car on jackstands and did a visual check. I also shook the wheels to see if there was any play. I didn't feel any. I did notice a humming sound while driving though.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
humming sound is probably feathered tires so you should probably cross rotate em
the wheel speed sensor will still drop out even if you can't feel the play it does....that's because you can't exert 8000 +pounds of force on it
also keep in mind that the sensor is on the inside of the wheel bearing towards the rear of the car so when you hit the brakes the weight of the car shifts forward and the play in the bearing moves the tone ring away from the sensor and BAM! signal drop out.....
Ask tg how many bearings he's replaced on his aztek....and I'm pretty sure he just borrowed my scanner because it happened again after only a couple of months with new bearings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info