3800 new "bundles of joy" on my car

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
well after school today i noticed these two major scratchs.... But the strang thing is they are both on the right side.. and at school i park on the most far right spot where there is grass on my right side... and a fence so no1 can fit between my car and the fence... *sigh*

scratch.jpg

scratch2.jpg

scratch3.jpg

scratch4.jpg

arghh... I am trying to make this car all show and no go.. and this is just what i need... scratches that my dad refuses to let me go fix... "its just a car"

AutoDummy

Nov 26, 2008
Looks like the ones by the door handle could easily be buffed out. The other scratches......maybe. You can definitely make them less noticeable. 3M makes a pretty good fine cut rubbing compound (p/n 051131 w/ 39002). Just apply it multiple times until you're satisfied (the more the better). Then take some 3M swirl remover (they make a light and a dark blend, depending on your car color) and apply multiple times until you're satisfied. It's a lot of work, but that should improve things quite a bit. I'm sure others here could recommend other products to use, but 3M stuff is pretty good IMO. I would wax/polish when you are done using the other products. Just my $.02. It is a shame though, I hate to see it.

Over the holiday weekend, my Grandma put a nice dent in my rear quarter panel with her car door. I wasn’t too happy about that. It’s Grandma though, what can ya do? Hope you get things worked out.

Dustin

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You know what Syp, I said the same exact thing. Ask anyone. I was gonna have the show GT. Then peeps at work like to hate on my car. So I decided for a 14 sec GT. Im not the coolest looking, and Im not 14 seconds yet, but I will be. :D Sucks about your car though. For the door, I think you might be able to buff it out.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hmmm, the scratches dont look intentional to me? What could have caused them? You mentioned a fence... mayve someone jumped over the fence and semi- landed on your car?
As long as the scratches are only clearcoat deep, you can buff them out.

I'm anal about parking. You wont see my car next to the store doors :rolleyes: .

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
I hear ya. I live in an apartment and the parking lot for my building is a decent size but there are only a few spots i will park in. I always try to get end spots so i can park all the way next to the curb. For some reason the tools that park next to me think "Sweet extra room" and end up parking really close to mine. I just dont understand people.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by BLK00GTP@Dec 2 2003, 10:16 AM
I hear ya. I live in an apartment and the parking lot for my building is a decent size but there are only a few spots i will park in. I always try to get end spots so i can park all the way next to the curb. For some reason the tools that park next to me think "Sweet extra room" and end up parking really close to mine. I just dont understand people.
sounds exactly like my apt complex... I hate people like that they suck!!!!

I have 2 pimp spots though on the end and the spots are 1.5 times the size of the other spots. I like parking there cause then no one hits me as their cars are really far away, even for my coupe doors!

Denise :)

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
that sucks bro, sorry to hear that. My mom backed her caddy into my door about 6 months ago, and my parrents are the same way "its just a car". Still needing to be fixed. The part that i dont get is that my dad is a mechanic, and does business with body shops all the time, so why cant he fit my car in??? Oh well, like the saying goes, the mechanic is always the one with the broken car.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
You need to do what I do and park in boofu no matter where you go. I always that person parked hundreds of feet away from everyone else in the mall/stores, etc........

Works likea charm.

Also, always grab an end spot, or spot where only one idiot can park next to you.
park next to other nice cars. Stay away form the beaters.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Dec 2 2003, 04:16 PM
You need to do what I do and park in boofu no matter where you go. I always that person parked hundreds of feet away from everyone else in the mall/stores, etc........

Works likea charm.

Also, always grab an end spot, or spot where only one idiot can park next to you.
park next to other nice cars. Stay away form the beaters.
yea i try to park next to real nice cars such as mercedes and bmw's

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info