here is my version of a gtx

466790_6_full.jpg

466790_7_full.jpg

466790_5_full.jpg

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste of money... there's something to be said for owning a GTX

Just like in the F-Body world... you can buy a Z28 and put all the SS parts on it... but it's not an SS
You can buy a Trans Am and put all the WS6 parts on it, but it's not a WS6... you can put the Firehawk parts on but it's not a Firehawk...

Granted... if I personally had to do it over again I would just have bought a regular Trans Am and put the WS6 hood on it heh (I've replaced every other part the WS6 gave me other than the hood and wheels) ...

Personally I find myself laughing at other firebirds that are misbadged... it's one thing to put the hood, suspension, wheels, etc... on... but to put a WS6 badge on (or firehawk badge on, or SS badge on) just seems funny to me... It's like driving a civic and putting a Type R sticker on... but that's just my opinion

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it a waste of money... there's something to be said for owning a GTX

Just like in the F-Body world... you can buy a Z28 and put all the SS parts on it... but it's not an SS
You can buy a Trans Am and put all the WS6 parts on it, but it's not a WS6... you can put the Firehawk parts on but it's not a Firehawk...

Granted... if I personally had to do it over again I would just have bought a regular Trans Am and put the WS6 hood on it heh (I've replaced every other part the WS6 gave me other than the hood and wheels) ...

Personally I find myself laughing at other firebirds that are misbadged... it's one thing to put the hood, suspension, wheels, etc... on... but to put a WS6 badge on (or firehawk badge on, or SS badge on) just seems funny to me... It's like driving a civic and putting a Type R sticker on... but that's just my opinion
SWEEET I HAVE A RICER GTX :rolleyes:

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by horist@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

ok would you be able to tell that my car was not made by slp? if so your a genus. how can you tell that firebirds are misbadged?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Dec 1 2003, 05:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Dec 1 2003, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-horist@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

ok would you be able to tell that my car was not made by slp? if so your a genus. how can you tell that firebirds are misbadged? [/b][/quote]
I would be able to tell cause of the wheels and the missing center cap SLP's dont fall off... duh!!! :rolleyes: :p

:lol:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by superchargedgp+Dec 1 2003, 05:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Dec 1 2003, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-horist@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

ok would you be able to tell that my car was not made by slp? if so your a genus. how can you tell that firebirds are misbadged? [/b][/quote]
No... I wouldn't be able to tell... never said your car was a ricer either...

I just don't agree w/badging a car as something it isn't ...

If I'm just looking at pictures it's hard to tell if they did it right... if they got an exact match for the hood, got WS6 wheels, and got the badging in the correct location visually it'd be hard to tell...

Generally the only way I can tell is if the person says so... or I know that it used to be a TA... or If I can look at it in person simply check the RPO codes (never do though unless I know the car isn't a real WS6 and the person try's to $hit talk about it being a real WS6)

It may be just me... but I know I bought a WS6... and when people try to pull off a non-WS6 as a WS6 I don't agree with it...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Kinda like a person buying a Mustang GT and then putting Saleen parts on and calling it a Saleen Mustang... it's a Mustang GT w/saleen parts not a Saleen...

Regardless of how much it looks and performs like a Saleen unless it was built like that (sent in to have done) it's not a Saleen... same for GXP IMHO ... unless SLP (or whomever does the GXP package) did it, then it's a GTP w/GXP parts not a GXP

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by mybluegtp+Dec 1 2003, 06:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybluegtp @ Dec 1 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Dec 1 2003, 05:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Dec 1 2003, 05:21 PM

ok would you be able to tell that my car was not made by slp? if so your a genus. how can you tell that firebirds are misbadged?
I would be able to tell cause of the wheels and the missing center cap SLP's dont fall off... duh!!! :rolleyes: :p

:lol: [/b][/quote]
the GTX rims are not a part of a basic package. as a matter of fact not even the spoiler

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by horist+Dec 1 2003, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (horist @ Dec 1 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IDONTWANNA@Dec 1 2003, 10:13 PM
WHICH ONE of you haters want to run, this fake ass piece of shit GTX?  :blink: 

you can build your own GTX from SLP :huh:

Hood, airbox, badges, make a GTX, THE REST IS AN OPTION.

:mellow:
well... I'm not a hater.. just stating my opinion on badging...

but i'll run ya :) :D :p [/b][/quote]
I got my money on Hoirst TA....... :)

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Dec 1 2003, 11:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Dec 1 2003, 11:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by horist@Dec 1 2003, 10:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-IDONTWANNA
@Dec 1 2003, 10:13 PM
WHICH ONE of you haters want to run, this fake ass piece of shit GTX?  :blink: 

you can build your own GTX from SLP :huh:

Hood, airbox, badges, make a GTX, THE REST IS AN OPTION.

:mellow:

well... I'm not a hater.. just stating my opinion on badging...

but i'll run ya :) :D :p
I got my money on Hoirst TA....... :) [/b][/quote]
if we are gonna switch vehicles i have a 8 sec bike that will ruin his TA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info