looking at wbodys to flip

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
most of the ones im seeing with clean bodys but a blown motor or trans have 200k miles on them, nada says retail on a clean 99 with 200k miles is 3800, say its clean and has a low mile motor and trans in it, would a 99 gtp be worth 2500 bucks with 200k on it in the real world, or is than many miles going to scare everybody off at that price?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
3800's are tough to flip. They have to be sub $1000 to start with. Then you have to have a clean one with everything working. If you want to sell you have to beat out what other people are asking. There's a million of them for sale. Unless you want to wait forever for that one person to come snag it, not me though. Gotta get it cheap as fuhk so you can price it as low as possible to sell it quickly.

Also, you gotta remember you're competing with a bunch of idiots. A very well written ad can go a long way. Good pictures as well as being able to speak clear English will also help. That is of course if the price range is out of the bottom feeders level. Pretty much anything sub $2000 will be flooded with DUMB mother-fu%$kers. People that don't even bother reading it. I try to get cars that I can stay above their price range, otherwise, I'm straight going to start capping off these people one by one.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Usually if you find something worth the flip, it's already gone. These assholes don't have jobs so they're on CL all day, every day. Stuff far away usually lasts a while though, as most of the interested parties won't go very far to get anything. That's where all of my good deals have been. Over 2hrs away, is the best way to play.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info