3800 Whats the word???

I

imported_admin

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Dec 1 2003, 03:28 PM
I guess nothing.. <_<

People welcome to your new home!!! :eek:
sarcasm will get you no where...

When you learn how to do all this.. and have hundreds of hours of free time, come talk to me... until then... don't try to patronize me..

I don't see you volunteering your time, knowledge, or money into any of this project.

Seems like I am doing it all.... it will be done, when I decide it is done.

John
Pissed Of Admin.

I

imported_admin

after re-reading my post.. I think I was alittle harsh.. but everyone must understand my situation.

I am paying a fortune right now hosting the site with 2 different companies... I am considering just dropping the other, and losing all the data, but that would suck. I have no money, this is costing more than my car payments, and it is occupying hours and hours of my time, trying to figure out how to do it...

so when someone comes up, and posts a sarcastic remark.. I am, of course, already on edge.. and will jump.. as I did..

I stand by my post, but.. excuse the harshness...

John
Not so pissed of anymore

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
not to piss him off or anything i figure when i posted and 17 people saw and didnt say anything I figured no one cared anymore.. I dont mind it all to tell you the truth.. I would agree with John about dumping the other site and just leave this one up but alot of people have info that they want back in ther inbox or on other posts... And if I had the knowledge like you john i would help you in a heart beat cause i have the time, but i dont know so i'm sorry. Take as much as time you want, the other thing that made me post this was I saw a post that Chrys posting on the "part number" thread wondering about the site. Oh well I guess i wont ask anything anymore... :blink:

you know I would help you out john in a NYM... however, since you moved to a Linux box, it is out of my leauge. I know little to nothing about Linux. I can see where that is a major problem. I did a bit of research and I do not think there is a way to move the DB info from Win to Linux (even if you are using the same DB software since the OS platform is so different). I could do it for you if it was Win to Win... even different DB platforms (SQL vs DB2, etc).

However, if you DO want some help. let me know. I have been playing with some board software (web wiz... which is pretty kewl actually and free). I also am pretty good at IIS (but being on linux you are not using that anymore.... proly Apache, right?).
anyhoo, let me know.

Chrys

I

imported_admin

Lisa: I did switch hosting companies.. the new one costs $168 a month as oppose to $405 a month... the problem is.. until I make the decision to forget the old data, I am paying both places... I think my decesion will come quick...

Chrys: Thanks for the offer, I am coming to the conclusion that it is impossobile to switch.. I am in the same boat, I am a pro with Windows, Linux is a different story, I am taking a crash course...

And to all with an ILGPC email account, It will soon be back up, however current data willl also be expired, but once up, should be extremely stable...

Thanks

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info