Need help/ your knowledge.

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
On a L67 Is it possible to flip the lower intake and have it work on the motor? For instance turn the LIM around so the front of the blower would be facing the rear of the motor instead of the front?

Also does anyone know if there is an adapter out there that would make it possible for a L36 electronic TB to be able to be bolted up to a Gen3 Housing?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
On a L67 Is it possible to flip the lower intake and have it work on the motor? For instance turn the LIM around so the front of the blower would be facing the rear of the motor instead of the front?

Also does anyone know if there is an adapter out there that would make it possible for a L36 electronic TB to be able to be bolted up to a Gen3 Housing?

You could physically flip the lower but the tstat housing will be facing the complete opposite direction it normally does, other than that I don't think there would be an issue, are you talking about the l26 drive by wire tb? Pretty sure you can drill and tap the gen 3 flange and thread the studs in the new holes and it will work, I did similar on my upper intake that had a l67 flange on it

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You could physically flip the lower but the tstat housing will be facing the complete opposite direction it normally does, other than that I don't think there would be an issue, are you talking about the l26 drive by wire tb? Pretty sure you can drill and tap the gen 3 flange and thread the studs in the new holes and it will work, I did similar on my upper intake that had a l67 flange on it

Couldnt you just use a gen V to L67 TB adapter plate backwards? Then just use the L32 DBW, it should be interchangeable with the L26 one knowing GM.

Edit:

This Thing: http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/114-Gen-5-to-L67-L36-Throttle-Body-Adapter-Plate.aspx

nmskull66

May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
Heres what im trying to accomplish. On my Firebird last year I fucked up a head and bent a valve so for the past 7-8 months ive been a lazy fuck and had no motivation to fix it so ive been driving it like that on 5 cylinders. Im finally getting around to fixing it and since my GTP is a POS i was going to take the L67 ported heads i have and put them on this motor, Basically top swap my car but flip the LIM so the blower TB section would be facing the front of the can and buy that block off plate as if I was going to turbo the car.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Heres what im trying to accomplish. On my Firebird last year I fucked up a head and bent a valve so for the past 7-8 months ive been a lazy fuck and had no motivation to fix it so ive been driving it like that on 5 cylinders. Im finally getting around to fixing it and since my GTP is a POS i was going to take the L67 ported heads i have and put them on this motor, Basically top swap my car but flip the LIM so the blower TB section would be facing the front of the can and buy that block off plate as if I was going to turbo the car.

Pretty sure you can plug the injector bungs on the l67 heads and use them on the Fbody intake

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
What would I use to plug those wholes thats the thing

You could tap them and put in screw type plugs (M12 I'd think). It'd be better to plug the LIM ports and just use a L67 fuel rail with the L67 heads. This is because the LIM is aluminum and much cheaper than a set of heads if you ever want to convert the motor to something else. IIRC You can use the L67 heads with your f-body LIM/UIM.

Or since you love NOS, you can do a direct port NOS setup pretty easy with the double set of ports.

nmskull66

May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
You could tap them and put in screw type plugs (M12 I'd think). It'd be better to plug the LIM ports and just use a L67 fuel rail with the L67 heads. This is because the LIM is aluminum and much cheaper than a set of heads if you ever want to convert the motor to something else. IIRC You can use the L67 heads with your f-body LIM/UIM.

Or since you love NOS, you can do a direct port NOS setup pretty easy with the double set of ports.

Mind Blown! I never would have thought about doing that!! HMMMMMMM :jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• nmskull66
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list