3800 car system... need help

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
PPL!! Remember things are rated at PEAK WATTAGE!!

WHat you need to look for is RMS wattage (constant wattage to a speaker) This is what will give you a true indication of a systems potential and sustained wattage levels.!

I can have a 1000 watt speaker that only hits 250 watts RMS@!! WHoop te-do!!

I'm a JL fan so I say go for it, for the price of everything, cant beat it anywhere.

Sound dampening is definitly worth it. I used 2 whole car bulk packs of Dynamate extreme, retails $249 a pack, off ebay store $99. Did trunk, deck lid, rear deck, most of back seat, can't forget the front doors. The stuff is basicly peal and stick, then roll on. Still have some left and wanted to do the floor boards in front, but too cold now. wanted to get some heated seats in my baby, might as well do the floor. :p Great stuff, so quite in my car, trunk dosen't rattle at all and dosen't really sound loud outside at all, untill I crack the window ;)

Bumpin-What ya got, I dunno? 1300 watts pretty loud. Any pics anwhere?

Me I got 2 10W7's off JL 1000/1 and a 450/4 to the MB Quarts Q-series 6.5 comps.
Alpine 7998, 5 farad, yellow top. Plexi box custom trunk and lid. No fiberglass, all wood, ok little bondo too. :p

Http://www.cardomain.com/id/taylordssei

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info