3800 which headers/hi-flow cat

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I want them coated, but the cheapest I can get. I don't mind spending a tad more for something a lot better, but cost is really an issue here. I still need to pass emissions with these, or should I save my stock manifolds/cat/exhaust system for emissions then throw on this stuff (and just get the race pipe) for regular driving?

S&S headers ($350), jet-hot 2000* coating ($220), pace setter high-flow cat ($140), (do i need an install kit or anything else?)==$710 plus a lot of shipping to/from jet hot, to me, etc.

SLP Headers 1-5/8'' 97-03 W-Body - Complete Kit w/ Cat==$840 plus shipping

TOG are way over my budget. Which of these setups should I do? I don't want to have to weld anything unless I have to, cause a shop will most likely have to do it which will cost some money. Anything else I need to know? Anything hard with the install?

Thanks

i bought my togs's with the titanium coating for 800 shipped to my house.

you need a flex pipe with the S&S headers, unless it comes on that high flow cat thing you are talking about.

i was thinking about S&S for awhile. but, when i went over everything, all the headers seemed to come right around the same price range. that is why i went with the tog's. good luck

z

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Don't let money be the dictating factor. If you want to get headers get them for your goals, not based on whats cheaper. If you want to run 11's or better then get togs. If you want to run 12's or worse then get S&S headers. The SLP headers are somewhere in the middle of thses two, but you really won't be sacrificing much with S&S over SLP. SLP might get you a little further, but if you are going to use SLP to that point you may as well just get TOGs. So if you want to run really fast then save up the extra cash and do it right. If you just want to get headers then get S&S.

BC

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I just looked it all up, and the SLP's come a tad cheaper, so I'll wind up getting those. These are going on my GT, so hitting 11 at the track is pretty much impossible...I'll be lucky if I touch 13s.

Also, did anyone ever install http://www.lmperformance.com/2980/12.html ??

It doesnt really come as 1 piece does it? I'm assuming it includes instructions with torque specs? Is there any welding involved?

Thanks

i am pretty sure the headers for slp come all was one piece. accept i think the cat bolt's onto the flex.

"Require no welding or cutting for installation!" took that right from the website you posted.

yes i am sure it comes with instructions.

the torque specs i don't know.

syp,

ya you can run headers and you will feel a difference, but when you open up the exhaust, it will only be that much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info