3800 No more Winston Cup

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Don't know how long ago this was announced, but I just heard about it today. Nextel purchased the rights to NASCAR, taking over Winston cigarettes as the sponsor. The new name? Nextel Cup...wtf?

That's like renaming Comiske Park to U.S. Cellular Field. I mean, who really thinks of Winston cigarettes when they hear Winston Cup anyways?

That kinda sucks :/

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by dole21@Nov 28 2003, 11:43 AM
plus no more pontiac grand prix's either. :(
The stock cars were so far from looking anything like the original cars that it doesn't really matter that the Grand Prix's gone. The only way to distinguish the cars apart were from stickers and the rear spoiler, and even the rear spoiler looks nothing like the original cars.

For some reason I still favor Dodge when it comes to NASCAR though, even over my own GP.

Ford sucks 4ever.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
This is a good thing for NASCAR.

Nextel has a larger market where they can advertise.
As where winston had limitations on where they could advertise because they were a tobacco company.

Larger the market to advertise the more ppl they will be able to suck into NASCAR

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Nov 30 2003, 11:17 AM
Winston cup sounds better than nextel cup hahahahha better advertisement for nextel... plus there paten is up and nE cell phone is going to be having two-way!!!!
Is the patent up already? I didn't think it expired until 2005 or 2007... I know right now Verizon's 2-way phones use a different technology than Nextel does ... and I think I remember reading something that there won't be hope of a bridge until 2007 at the earliest due to patents on Nextels technology...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info