3800 Yhe Lord, need some computer info

I

imported_Ron Vogel

OK, got my new case and wired it up right with a new Antec PS (after blowing up the old one). Running a Athlon XP1800 on a ECS Mobo (not a good OC board) I downlaoded an OC BIOS and flashed it. I tweaked the bois and can run it much faster, in fact it's recognizing the CPU as an Athlon 2100. My question is, what type of temps should I see from the CPU? I have run several tests to overtax the system and it's staying completely stable. My CPU temps level off at 105 degrees F. It sounds good to me. I was going to go with a more exotic cooler when I drop in the 2400. How do these temps sound to you?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It seems surprisingly good. I am using a Regular AMD cooler with silver thermal compound and a 80mm fan conversion. Ive got 2-80mm fans blowing in and 1-120mm and 2-80mm case fans out. This computer will eventually go in my basement, I'm thinking of making a "FWI" for the CPU to some sort of cool can to capitalize on the cool air in the basement. If that doesn't work it's getting water cooling. I'd like to get my CPU temps below 80 degrees.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

That's good, it never even gets to 50. I'm a little concerned since I'd like to step up to a bigger processor. I may back off a little in the cpu settings if it generates too much heat, but my recording program likes the extra headroom a lot. I'm able to run through a complete song without a dropout. Sonar (my recording program) has a CPU and HD meter at the bottom, my HD is at like 12% when my CPU is at 90% during passages of over 80 tracks. I can cut that down by altering my aud.ini file, but it's a pain in the ass to reset all my inputs and such. More CPU power seems to be the answer. I still can't believe how stable it is. Can't wait to see what a XP2400 OC's at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list