3800 NEED HELP**** 56k = death***

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Hey, my brother came in from college, and he has a pioneer aftermarket cd deck. I have the stock deck, with the 7 nobs you can move up and down. The first 3 pics are his, and the last one is mine... i need to know --> How do i take each one off.. we have no clue how to take out both cd decks. And how do we put them back in. I need to get this done by sunday at the latest. So if anyone can tell me what to do, it will be deeply apprediated.

Thanks
Ryan and Mike.

Mikes deck...image 1
deck1.jpg

Mikes deck...image 2
deck2.jpg

Mikes deck...image 3
deck3.jpg

Ryan (my) deck... image 1

deck4.jpg

please help me on how to take each deck out. thanks

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
YOu need to remove the entire plastic trim.

Under the drivers side there is a gray piece of carpet. Remove that by pulling down on it. It is held in by 2 black retaining plugs. Be sure to remove the courtesy light that is attached to the grey carpet or you mught break the wires.

Once you remove that you will see 2 phillips screws. Remove those.You will remove first the bottom plastic trim piece. PUll that out it is held in by 4 metal clips.Now you can remove the larger main trim panel trim piece it is held in at various point by matal retaining clips. JUST go one section at a time..pull out...be careful when you get by the FOG LAMP switch. You will need to pop out the switch from the plastic trim piece.

EASIEST TO START FROM THE BOTTOM AND JUST PULL THAT SECTION OUT FIRST THAN MAKE YOUR WAY AROUND

ALso be sure to move your steering wheel all the way down to make more clearance in removing the trim piece.

Once you take out the entire dash trim piece You will see that the stereo is held in by 2 screws. Just unscrew the screws pull out on the radio and unclip the wiring harness.

ANd everything goes back in the wat it came out.!

ANy questions dont hesitate to ask.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
There should be an antenna plug. Pull that out.

And on the stock radio there is a white wire harness that plugs into the radio. If you flip it upside down you will see a tab you can press down on . WHile you are pressing down on it pull it out. USE alot of force. DO NOT PULL FROM THE WiRES. PULL ON THE WHITE HARNESS!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info