3800 my GT vs. lpspeed2's GTP

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Last night Leo and I went for a cruise night, each wasting about 3/4 of a tank of gas over the course of a couple hrs. A friend of mine joined in with a 73 Charger, but nothing big ever got done. A Lancer followed us and tried to play, but that fell through, and a V6 Accord tried to play but backed down from both of us. The kid with the Charger dropped out, and Leo and I shot up to Addison, his home turf.

We met up with Steve so I could see his 12 sec GTP, then went out again, and wound up catching quite a few lights to race eachother.

Although he could take me at highway speeds (I topped out like 3 times that night on the Elgin-O'Hare and 355), his modded GTP had nothing on my GT off the line. We raced, first to 60mph, more than one time, and I had him by 2-3 car lengths each time.

Sorry Leo, I guess driving skill is really what makes up for it in the end. :)

Maybe next time bro. :p

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Alright I admit it, he DID beat me off the line each time, onlt cause i suck at launching it, cause im too careful and dont wanna spin my tires. Mine is not the 12 sec. gtp, he was talking about xtc99gtp. It's ok though i put him in his place on the highway coming up on him like a bat out of hell. We both topped out on the highway, but mine hit 128mph, then back down to about 80mph. The boy can launch it, what can i say. And i need practice, and tires that arent bald, and a road that isnt 15 degrees.

Archer is far from addison isnt it? like 30 min or more? Let me know anyways i wouldnt mind the cruise.

-Leo

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Racing at Elgin O'hare eh? I'll have to watch for you guys. I havent seen too many cops there lately, but they are there. Be carefull. Remember that Audi rollover last year that killed 3 teens?

From a launch, I've seen GT's getting a better position over a GTP. From what I hear, it's easier to launch the GT.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Nov 26 2003, 11:28 AM
Remember that Audi rollover last year that killed 3 teens?

From a launch, I've seen GT's getting a better position over a GTP. From what I hear, it's easier to launch the GT.
Not much trick to launching a GT...just brake torque to 2500rpm, keep at around 3/4 throttle (or whatever the position is for 2500rpm with full brakes) for about 1 second, then floor it. I've yet to lose to anything other than a 12.2 second mustang that could spin its tires through the first 3 gears with 10" cheater slicks if he wanted to....then again, I've only really raced ricers, 80% which would lose to my moms 4cyl Honda CRV.

Those kids who died on the Elgin-O'Hare were going (westbound?) at over 100mph when they hit that dip in the road and almost/maybe did get airborn. I guess the driver flipped out and turned his wheel a little too much, putting him into a slide.

I won't ever speed going that direction, knowing that dip in the road already claimed more than one life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info