3800 AC/ IC is done and installed!

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
It has only been a couple days so I still have info to pull before I can answer all your questions.
But here is what I know so far:
I have 10LBS of boost with a 3.0"
No knock at 66 degrees outside(warmest I will be able to test for a while)
17 degrees of timing
I have not dynoed yet, but I would say at LEAST a strong 15 HP with no other mods done. I still have to drop the pulley size and that is where the real fun is.
Car sounds and feels like it is running healthier than it has in a long time.
It added a nice CSC sound to the blower( a sweet whistle you can hear even in the car)
With 5 minutes of "chilling" I saw water temps of 52-65 degrees in a 76 degree atmoshere at idle. the longer it chills, the lower it goes!
Full boost up to 100 MPH and 5 minutes of chilling temp water was 91 degrees.
(None of the hoses in the engine bay are even insulated yet!)
Looks excellent in custom blue anodizing(which will be involve in every IC made in the color of anyone's choice)
I will start some production next weekend and order some parts to get some of these things rolling.
I will only be offering the AC/IC for now. I have not looked into traditional style kits yet, because this one is too sweet for now. Plus I will not be personally running a radiator, so I cannot come up with any results or garuntees for that.
I am already working on the stage two which can be added to the stage one at anytime. I will not be satisfied until I am freezing water, some how IT IS possible!!
I will be happy to answer any questions or messages with no pressure. I am not a store trying to make a living, just an ILGPC member who happened to trip over a phat new idea for intercoolers.
If anyone wants to check it out sometime, let me know and I will try to work out something somewhere.
I still have gages and probes to be permenately installed, but the most inportant part is over.
THE CHILLER HAS BEEN BORN!!!!

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I am still working on the whole kit. For now it will be just the IC itself or a combo of the IC,pump and the "chiller". I have not figured out all the bolts and hose clamps yet. I will be soon though.
For just the IC---meaning you will find a plumbing system of your choice
IC=$450 $475 for it in the color of your choice( I would suggest it)

IC+strong Jabsco pump+ and the chiller=$990
For the AC IC system, you will need to tap into your AC system and have hoses built to mount the chiller somewhere. Nothing to be afraid of, because I will help and explain the install to anyone who purchases the kit. I will even try to make it over for the install to give advice and tips on the system.
Over all, it should cost about $1,200 for everything you need to install it and have it running. I will try and get the kit together by the time I have the IC available to you, just to make it easier on you guys. I will have some ready for sale in 4-5 weeks. This is only because I have to wait of for the core company again. I will be machining this weekend and ordering some chillers. Le tme know if there is anthing else you need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info