3800 RUndown of tog install today....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
ID like to give a big thanks to Kyle(liquibop) for helping me out a ton with these TOGs. He did a ton of work and provided a ton of tools. (and a nice dry garage!!!!) THanks a lot. I owe you big time. B)

Man, it is not fun to put them in.....

Kyle(liquibop) and I just got done doing them today(sunday). YOu really need 2 people to do it. We were on top of the engine trying to squese crap in, bend trans pipe, get bolts on, find lost bolts/nuts......etc...etc...

Took us about 7 hrs. Lot of work and really dirty.

SO many spots were you just eyeball it and feel around and hope it goes in. THe trans stick was a PITA, cause you have to unbolt it, and then if you pull it out, all the trans fluid start to come out, and you gota plug it, bend the pipe put it back in, re bend the pipe more, etc....

I lost like 1.5 or so qrts of fluid during the process.

ALso, bolting up the lower crossover proved to be very challenging to do the cause of lack of sight and space.

WE also had the car, way, way, jacked up in the air with 2 stands.

The TOGS that were JET HOT coated sterling silver look so bad ass.....you gota see them in person.

AS we fired it up, WITH OPEN HEADERS, it was loud as all helll....sounded like a monster race car or somehting. I hade to drive home 35 miles with open headers. NOt fun. SO, SO, SO loud. NO power at all either.everyone and their mother was giving me looks. :unsure: thank god the PoPO didnt stop me. When I gave it gas it was nasty loud. Kinda felt bad about it. :(

SO, gettin em welded to my DP tommorrow at 8am on SW highway and harlem if anybody is driving by and want to stop in. cant wait cause it so so damm loud and no power what so ever anywhere. :( DIdnt really race it though....

JOhn

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale@Nov 24 2003, 03:32 AM
its a good idea to flip the sway cause you can get false knock. Also not sure why you unbolted the trans dipstick that is not necessary. Oil dipstick yes trans no.Did you guys use sockets or gear wrenches?? Gear wrenches are so much easier.
funny, the oil one was fine with a little bit of pushing. The trans one was a PITA to do. :angry:

sway bar was flipped already wiht the GMPP kit install around JUly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info