3800 speed limiter

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I topped my car out on I-53 last night, a Lexus felt like flooring it to pass me, so i floored it as she changed lanes and at around 115mph or so my engine dropped to like 3k RPM and it slowed down a lot. I wasnt used to it so i got a little nervous and slowed to around 80mph.

What exact speed does the PCM limit the car to?

With the speed governor removed, what's the cars top speed with the stock gearing at redline?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
finally found who he is.. he is BoogieQ... and here is his sig pic

13284.jpg

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Not to be a punk. But if you are going to take your car upto those speeds. PLEASE MAKE SURE you have the correct SPEED rated tires. Wouldnt want to have a hign speed blow out..and get some good brakes. Try stopping your car at 130 MPH with your stock brakes.. Not a pretty site..

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
128 for RSA's

You understand though that those are sustained speed ratings, right?? You are supposed to be able to do 128 mph for an extended period of time (i believe it is 1 hour) before the tires will start to fall apart. Doing 150 on RSA's, while not the smartest thing you would ever do, will not kill you.... so long as you don't intend to stay there long.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info