3800 Paging Chrys

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Hey man, back in May when MGM was going on we were talking about doing some fishing out at my mother in law's cabin. We're going through pictures the last couple of days for a family project and I came across this pic. This was taken last year in early June right after the spawn. 6 1/2lbs at 24". That weekend I caught about 40 bass, with at least 5 over 5lbs. That lake is awesome!

BTW, this is a real photo, not photoshopped. You shold have seen the looks I got when I took it to the general store for photos. Pic actually doesn't do it justice, It's mouth was so big you could fit your fist in it.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Mid to late May is the best there because they hit the hardest at the tail end of the spawn. Later in the year I seem to get a lot of big ones to hit, but you can't land them 'cause the weeds come up. I caught this one in about a foot of water on a large fake white mouse. There's only 3 species there; bluegills, Largemouth bass, and crappie. You can only catch the crappie early or late in the year, but I've caught some decent ones (2-3lbs). They seem to like the water cold, since I don't have a fish finder I can't seem to get a pattern on them when it's hot out. The cabin has 5 beds, and it's set up real nice, even has a wine cellar. It gets well used, so if it's three of you coming I'd have to set it up on a weekend when no one's going out there.

we will have to set something up then.. like i said, maybe a long weekend.
i love crappie and bluegill :D bass is fun to hook and fight but for eatin its crappie for me.
my stepdad thinks he is the "great white fisherman". Have to sit thru all the fish tales of how he "banged them" that day. LOL would be nice to go back and tell him that I cought 40+ 3lb crappie.... he would crap his pants LOL!!
I like early season fishing. personal opinion is that it is best after the spring run... JMO tho ;)

peace!
Chrys

I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's a private lake in Barry Co. MI. Right off Rt 43 about 30 miles north of Kalamazoo. Lake isn't very big, about 110 acres, there's only about 15 cabins on; very secluded. The local town only has a general sore and a Tru-Value (in a house) - Red-neck city...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list