04 Comp G 1-2 shift issues

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Not sure if there is something I'm overlooking in the tune that is different than on the 97-03 cars, or if the trans has issues.

At WOT, there is a delay on the 1-2 shift. It looks to me like it's torque management, because the car pulls boost back for a split second at the shift.

I turned off the torque management and abuse with HPT, and raised shift points. When I do that, the car doesn't want to shift from 1-2, until I let off.

Did you 04+ guys need to make some changes with DHP/TT to get yours to shift without the delay and at a higher RPM? I looked quickly at the .bin file, and didn't see anything that I noticed would help out.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Did you set the shift too high? Usually you want to set it ~500rpm lower than what you actually want as it does take a while. Even with a built trans that shifted immediately, it was still 300rpm over the commanded shift point.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Since it was brought up in this thread, what do I need to change to get rid of the abuse settings? I'm not sure what James adjusted on my BIN besides no error reporting codes. I believe something to do with torque management between shifts. Maybe James will chime in as he has a copy of the bin he put on my car.. I'm looking for something like a DHP 1.0 with some extra tweaks. Just a standard intake headers exhaust 3.6 pulley car.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I would say its probably more of a mechanical problem, next week when i get back from vacation i can look at my trans stuff on the power tuner that i barrowed from phatride, he has some of my old files saved from my 06 with 05gtp pcm swap

Thanks.

I took a video tonight, just to show how it cuts boost at the shift. That's why I thought it was torque management, until I went to raise the shift points.

http://youtu.be/PUS2_X_8N9U

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info