3800 vitamins/supplements

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I'm 17yrs old. :eek:

I'm going to wind up taking a multivitamin and a powdered protein. The only thing is, I kind of want a semi-weightloss/muscle builder.

I used to weight 175lbs, now I weigh 157lbs, and have went from a 100lb squat to a 185lb squat, and an 80lb bench to a 120lb bench; both doing 3 sets 10 reps each. Although this isn't a lot of weight, I gained that much within a month and a half.

I gained a ton of strength and lost a good amount of weight (used to be 155, gained 2lbs from the lifting so far). But I looked in the mirror today and everything looks good except my mid section. If I press down, I can feel the start of a 6 pack, especially considering I've been working my abs a ton. But, I want that to show through, and lose some of this fat. If I breath in and just rest at a stand-up position, I'm not really fat, but I'm not a washboard either. Starting tomorrow, I'm only going to eat small portions of food about 4-5 times a day, no more pop (I've cut down a ton, but i started to drink it again)...only milk and water. No more high carb school food, and no more sneaking candy and saying "I go to the gym almost every day, so I'll just work it off." I want to lose an additional 10-15lbs, the final weight before I'm pretty much perfect stature.

But this is where I need someones advice: Are there any OTC pills/powders from a GNC, or pharmacy that could help in weight loss, and possibly strength? I'm willing to sacrafice some weight on my bench, etc just so I can be a washboard. What would you recommend?

As of next week, I will start taking: Myadec, and whey isolate protein, but I want to add/substitute a weight loss pill or powder to help me out some. And, when I stop taking it, to not make me go on some weird side effect where I'll gain the weight back.

THANKS for the help, James

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
heres some advice, dont take any suplements. Spend that money on mods. Its kinda funny how you now attribute you RECENT weightlifting success to all the pills and powders you have been taking. I can garuntee you, that if you didnt take them, you would still have gained all that strength and lost all that weight.

I know all the kids today think that creatine, andro, protien is the way to go, but thats for the people who work out like a MO FO every day, 4-6 hours a day like my brother....(who plays for the REDSKINS now)...He works out for 3 intense hours or so, then runs another hour or so.....and stretches inbetween. He needs stuff like(cell tech), because everyday he is beating the shit out of his muscles and the next day he ask them to do it all over again.......So he needs stuff like cell tech to get rid of all the lactic acid in his muscles(what makes you sore as hell)cause he cant rest a few days in between..........

Im 21 now, never have taken any of that shit whatsoever. It is all hard work and dedication. In HS, I used to be in the GYM religiously 2-3 hours a day. That included running too.......at my peak in HS, I was 5' 10" 200 pounds, benching 365, squating 385(damm legs are weak), and dead lifting around 400lbs.......
Again, no use of all that garbage.......its all hard work. Had I used it, I would have probably been like all those kids who say that creatine/andro made them huge! Wrong!

About loosing the fat on your stomach,.....You need to eat really carefully, run, and do sit ups......I know, everyone says that but its true. The biggest part is watching what you eat though. B4 I lget to go to college, I lost 20lbs and got down to 179! Damm, I was lean as all hell. Almost had the 6 pack going. Bench took a tiny hit....not much though....dont worry about it.

Now in college, I still can bench 385 if I work out well for 2 weeks in row....its hard though sometimes. :(

You are at an age where your body is growing incredibley fast. Strength will come natural in the next few years. All you need is dedication to your goals and you will becaome much stronger and loose that extra weight.

BTW, if it helps, I was one of the weakest kids my freshman year in HS. I dont think I could bench 115. :blink:

good luck.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
watch your diet stick with alot of protein. And low low carbs.. Also for the milk stay away from whole or 2% milk learn to drink and like skim milk. Iknow its sick but something you have to do. I have a diet plan i'm starting jan 1st only cause I know that I would blow it if I started it now with the holidays coming up. I have just started running and doing light weights for now. I'll hit the weights hard come jan also. For now just want to get a program going and get muscles used to being trained. I used to have an awesome midsection and can send you a fool proof diet that will get you a six pack also. if you want.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Only waiting till then cause this diet has a weight program also, its for body builders right before tournaments but a lite version of it. Gets you cut and low body fat fast in a short time. Was thinking of doing after thanksgiving but the wife is also going on diet and see doesn't want to start till jan after holidays...

Till then its mushroom burgers,turkey burgers,and salmon burgers for me. Been really watching weight and intakes last couple weeks hopefully i'll be able to stick to this plan during that time.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
That's the only thing, I HAVE done those results WITHOUT taking any supp/vitamins. I was hoping I could improve upon those with maybe whey isolate protein, and myadec.

Whey isolate protein is a powdered protein, dissolved in water, it's suppose to be the best protein method for you.

Myadec is just a multivitamin pill with what most all multivitamins have.

I'm not gonna take anything like createne or whatever, I just want less supplemental supplements, if that makes sense. Like that stuff that pumps your muscles with water, and makes you bulk up and gain like 10lbs, but gain good weight on your bench, I wont even take that.

So far everything has been natural, and I dont even think powdered protein and a multivitamin would be considered harder-core supplements, which is why I'm considering taking them.

-edit- BTW, I only have skim milk in this house, and I've gotten pretty used to it.

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
i weigh in at about 160lbs and i only work out in the winter, and i am 18, and i put up 185 bench, 305 dead lift, and squat 335, and over 500 crunches a day, the only suplement i use is clif bars (only cuz they taste good), i hit the gym at least 5 times a week though, just stick to a good diet and work out plan and DO NOT make excuses not to go to the gym or not to stick to the diet or it WILL NOT work.

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
There is nothing wrong with a protien shake or drink. You need protien everyday anyway so what if it's comeing form a powder that you mix. Say you get the chocolate. It's better for you than mixing a glass of chocolate milk.

I'd stay away from the weightloss pills. Just watch what you eat. It's not easy but worth it in the long run.

As for changing you diet. Just eat more lean meat. The thing that helped me the most was instead of getting the fried chicken sandwich get a grilled one. Just an example. Stuff like that makes a big difference.

Ryan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info