3800 Fixed my dash lights, all of them!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I found a replacement bulb at Radio shack that will work for the fog light switch and HVAC control lights. The problem with it is that they don't make the bulbs replaceable, so the old ones have to be removed by desoldering the leads and new ones have to be soldered in. The factory bulbs have those colored condoms on them, and they fit right over the one's from the Shack. The only problem with the replacements is that you have to cut back some of the glue thats on the base of the bulbs to get the right height, but everything else went OK. If anyone needs this done, I can show you how to do it. It's a little tedious, but well worth not seeing all the dark spots on the dash anymore.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You mean changing to LED's? Radio shack has a Red LED rated for 12volts with the resistor built in. Back in black on club GP has his own website with some good info on LED's. Most LED's are rated for 2-9 volts, and you can use 12 volts on them with the proper resistor. If you need to buy a lot of LED's don't get them from Radio shack. They charge like $1.99 for 2. If you go to American science and surplus you can get like 20 for a buck. I love that place, it's a fabricator's dream.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list