3800 $5.00 to whom can guess...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You guys are pretty close, but it's a manual trans; ain't out of my current vehicle. Take a good look at the input shaft and first gear cog, ouch! All I heard was SNAP! I'd like to say it was done doing something cool, but I was play racing against a Geo Metro convertible.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, since nobody got it...5 speed trans out of a truck (Dodge Dakota) cost $3000 to fix. I basically destroyed the input shaft and the 1st gear cog, and all the syncros. I ended up having to buy a transmission from a RAM truck and swapping in all the gears (Dakota gears were way too expensive) since the Ram trans had a different shifter location. There must have been a reason they only put the 5 speed behind the V8 for one model year huh? Between the posi, traction bars and sticky tires; dragstrip passes took it's toll. I had to rent a car for a month to get everything done. The day this happened I was beating the living crap out of this thing goofing off. I don't beat my cars anymore (unless they're rentals)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info