3800 Magnuson Snout louder than stock?

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Is the Magnuson Snout louder than the stock snout? Just curious cause since I installed it my SC sorta whines louder than usual..I do not have any Vac leaks or anything as my analog boost gauge is showing that everything is normal..

Also does anyone know of a shop around in the area that can get the 3.4" pulley off of my old snout? I want to keep my old snout as a "just in case" but If I do put it back on I'd like to get a modular type setup so I still have the abilities to swap pullies...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Joel
'99 GTP

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Thanks for the reply, I'll PM him and see what can be done..

As far as the noise..It's sorta starting to make me worry cause it sounds like a leak, yet I'm not having idle problems or losing vacuum nor boost (as far as my analog gauge is showing)..

To sum up the sound, it sounds like a teapot kettle whistling and it gets higher with the RPMS (Until I cannot hear it anymore and I hear the boost coming in from the CAI). It also seems to get louder as the car gets warmer.

Perhaps I need another bottle of supercharger oil? I put in 2 bottles after the installation and it looked like there was enough oil as when I put the bolt back on the bottom threads had oil on them...

Thanks for the help..

Joel
'99 GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list