2500-3000 Idle issues! Please help.

99 GTP, just performed: LIM gaskets,( first gasket I had was a felpro SC gasket, cut it to fit the port but I had a 1 inch opening on it, ended up causing a big leak, went to autozone and bout some gasket material and made my own, cut it to fit, RTVed it nicely and everything. Still same issue) water pump gasket, tossed on a ported LIM and gen 3, N* tb set up, car idles at 2.2K-3K RPM and does not drop, already checked for vacuum leaks, IAC ( not exactly sure how to tell, cleaned the port),purposely took the TB cable off, blade IS closed and issue is still occurring, unplugged IAC and MAF, no change, if anyone knows how to fix the issue and has a scanner and willing to help I am willing to pay for your time, I am in Kenosha WI.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
With a spike in RPM like that? How long do I have to drive for?

Engine at operating temp, cruise at 45 mph for a few minutes. Find a road with a 40 - 45 mph speed limit and drive it for a few miles. If it doesn't go away then your IAC is learned (still may be jamed/frozen, but this is a quick fix if it just "forgot" it's place).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info