3800 1-3 2-4 skip shifts ????

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
basically when driving at a normal speed (say 40 mph) and you floor it, your car will drop down to 2nd gear (with stock pcm) and accelerate, but with the DHP it will shift down to first, giving you MUCH faster acceleration, get a DHP, you will love it

EDIT: didnt read the title right, but yeah, like syp said, its not 1-3 2-4, it is 3-1 and 4-2, only downshifts

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by syP@Nov 17 2003, 11:07 AM
Bumpin correct me if im wrong, but if you take your car in for emission tests, he can reprogram it back stock, then afterwards program it again to the upgraded DHP free of charge, right? (so you dont get in trouble at the emissions test)
I think the emmission just checks if you have any error codes if they dont see anything they will pass you and thats it. I think? :unsure:

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Hey guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong here. The skipshift does what it says it does, however I thought I read somewhere it does not necessarily do 3-1 or 4-2, it actually does 3-2-1 or 4-3-2. So If im in 3rd gear under 39mph and floor it, it will actually go to 2nd for a split second then downshift into 1st. Maybe its mph specific, but the couple of times I've hit the gas in that scenario with my DHP it has done the above.

Not sure :unsure:

Joel
'99 GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info