Like always turbo car problems

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I found my starting problem to be a grounding issue, but this morning upon fixing that I found I have a much bigger problem, I'm burning coolant and also leaking it into the oil, the car has run all together for less than 5 minutes, should I be worried about the bearings being shot already? And I've never had a bad head gasket or lower intake gasket but I was only pulling 9lbs of vacuum and its normally 13-14, I have mls .074 4 layer gaskets they were used from my other motor cleaned up copper sprayed each side of each layer and arp head studs and bolts torqued to arp spec using the proper sequence, I'm betting on the lower intake but I don't have any experience with a leaking lower would it burn enough coolant to smoke out my garage? And make a bad looking oil milk shake, I opened up the ports on the lower intake gaskets some to match the ports and they didnt seem to lign up right not from the modifications but the alignment pins seemed like they were holding them 1/16-1/8 inch too high if I remember right

[MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION]

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I had this exact issue when i first got my car back together. The garage was smoked out really really bad and my oil was a straight chocolate milkshake. It took a minute for the LIM sealant to swell up and keep the LIM from leaking coolant. After i changed the oil and ran the car for a minute, the coolant leak never came back. I got lucky. Sounds like LIM issue to me at least. Time for a coolant leak down test or even a compression test to see what the issue might be.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Good on the rear also, fucking car, going to get new intake gaskets, what to people do with ported heads for gaskets? They look like restrictor plates on the heads I have lol but I don't want to touch them now

As long as you leave aluminum inside the O-ring in the gasket you should be fine. The rubber/silicone o-rings are what seal, the Aluminum is just a structural element. You can port them, it shouldn't cause any issues unless you hit the rubber/silicone.

James has some secrets to get a better seal on the LIM gaskets, PM him. Also, maksue you follow torque sequence on the LIM bolts.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I bought intake gaskets earlier they are felpro metal gaskets I don't really like the way they look but fuck it, I also took the alternator to the guy that I always take them too and he said whoever took it appart and put it back together totally fucked it up, it was going to cost more to fix this one than it would to buy a new one, that bastard, even the case that I had powder coated was cracked from ware he half ass pressed the berring in, so I decided to treat myself by purchasing a car hauler today got a pretty good deal on a brand new one winch stand electric brakes and all that jazz

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I bought intake gaskets earlier they are felpro metal gaskets I don't really like the way they look but fuck it, I also took the alternator to the guy that I always take them too and he said whoever took it appart and put it back together totally fucked it up, it was going to cost more to fix this one than it would to buy a new one, that bastard, even the case that I had powder coated was cracked from ware he half ass pressed the berring in, so I decided to treat myself by purchasing a car hauler today got a pretty good deal on a brand new one winch stand electric brakes and all that jazz

Pics of hauler?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
What are the zzp lim gaskets they are like gm knock offs or something, the hauler is just all black and shiny I just put a deposit on it not picking it up till Wednesday, thanks for the offer sleeper I'm going to try my luck at having napa pay for a new one since it was his guy that broke mine, and pending I don't drink too much beer I'm doing the lim gaskets tonight, I want to get this broke dick turbo car drive able again

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I am still running the st5 cam, pulled 12-13 last year, this year I went from the l26 9.6:1 compression to an l67 with thick head gaskets I figured about 8.3:1 and the stage 3.5 zzp heads now I only pull 9lbs vacuum, I wasn't sure if that was normal or I had a big vacuum leak some ware

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info