3800 Strobe lights

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Does anyone know where i can get a good kit for front and rear? I was checking out Street Glow and they have a 50% discount on everything there. I was thinking of getting the kit with remote which cost $99.99 but with the 50% it will be $50, but it only comes with 2 bulbs. HELP!!!! I've wanted these for awhile too, and they got neo blue bulbs as well which will look real nice. B)

Got some in my car. It is a SHO-ME kit. I have installed the same brand kit in two other pace cars. It is awesome. It is a six-head unit with 32 different flash patterns. Pretty sweet. They sold at the time for about $400. You can get em on ebay for half that. I put em in the HL's, Fogs and reverse lights (the white part). Pretty sweet. If you need help, let me know.
--Justin

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
I have just plain street glows from auto zone for 9.99 for 2 lights, and they honestly work fine, i can pull over people really easy. I mean, not that iv tried it hehehe, but if i did, im sure it would work, hehehe. I put 2 in my headlights, and 2 in the white part of the reverse light. they look pretty sweet, but barely visible durring day. If you want something visible durring teh day then you are looking at about 100 per pair at least. But if you just want a cheapy good time at night, go with the $10 ones, they are really easy to install too. Where do you live by, maybe we can meet up and i can show you mine.
-Leo

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar+Nov 13 2003, 10:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaytonaPaceCar @ Nov 13 2003, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Got some in my car. It is a SHO-ME kit. I have installed the same brand kit in two other pace cars. It is awesome. It is a six-head unit with 32 different flash patterns. Pretty sweet. They sold at the time for about $400. You can get em on ebay for half that. I put em in the HL's, Fogs and reverse lights (the white part). Pretty sweet. If you need help, let me know.
--Justin [/b]

Justin do they come in different colors?

<!--QuoteBegin-LPSPEED2

I have just plain street glows from auto zone for 9.99 for 2 lights, and they honestly work fine, i can pull over people really easy. I mean, not that iv tried it hehehe, but if i did, im sure it would work, hehehe. I put 2 in my headlights, and 2 in the white part of the reverse light. they look pretty sweet, but barely visible durring day. If you want something visible durring teh day then you are looking at about 100 per pair at least. But if you just want a cheapy good time at night, go with the $10 ones, they are really easy to install too. Where do you live by, maybe we can meet up and i can show you mine.
-Leo
[/quote]

I live on the SW side of Chicago, I think your not close :( or are you?

They come in white/blue/red/yellow ... I think that is about it... BUT you could get in deep shit if you run red or blues.... Those are an immediate ticket. I actually saw someone get a ticket for a blue strobe he had on his dash and it wasn't even on!!! True story!! The difference is the power output of the controller as well. The $10 ones are weak compared to the big ones but that is obviously why they cost so much more. I wanted to hook a channel of my remote starter to the switch of the controller of the stobes so I could activate them remotely. It is easy enough to do.
--Justin

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar@Nov 13 2003, 01:32 PM
They come in white/blue/red/yellow ... I think that is about it... BUT you could get in deep shit if you run red or blues.... Those are an immediate ticket. I actually saw someone get a ticket for a blue strobe he had on his dash and it wasn't even on!!! True story!! The difference is the power output of the controller as well. The $10 ones are weak compared to the big ones but that is obviously why they cost so much more. I wanted to hook a channel of my remote starter to the switch of the controller of the stobes so I could activate them remotely. It is easy enough to do.
--Justin
Well all I want is for show and i wouldnt put one on my dash. Just headlights, taillights, and fogs. I saw a kit for like 159-175 bucks on ebay, Justin if you get a chance you do a quick search and see if those are the ones on ebay and if they come complete? Thanks

:D

Here is the exact one I have installed. ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2442791981

This is a REALLY sweet kit! You would have to get two more bulbs but this controller will work for you. This comes with all the wiring and 4 bulbs. You can get the bulbs in whatever color.

Here is antoher .... almost identical in every way... BUT it's a whelen... and it has 6 bulbs instead of 4. Almost DOUBLE the $$$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...37&category=396

In my opinion, bang for the buck, the Sho-Me is a sweet unit. I can guarnetee that you will NOT be dissapointed. I can help ya install them if you want. I challenge you to find my control unit or wiring in my car. :) Made it look factory.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
--Justin

OH, BTW.. You can interchange Whelen and Sho-Me bulbs.. :)

Yeah.... one more thing... here are the bulbs individually...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=39667

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info