Fog Light issue

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello All,

Has anyone ever heard of this? I drove my car the other day after not having it out all winter. I installed the Bi-Xenon head lights and now when I turn my fogs on the brights indicator on the dash comes on. When I pull the turn signal back, the fogs come on. I disconnected all the electronics so it is just the harness from the car. It The light for the brights still comes on when I turn the fog light switch. Im at a loss for what it could be. Any ideas?? Maybe my fog switch is bad???

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
under hood fuse box.
locate fog light relay and bend pin 85, then solider a wire to the pin and ground it to the car body.

I believe it was in the fuse bos in location 17. I pulled it out and its still screwed. I will try this this weekend. You think it will work?

Have you seen this before? I dont think it is the turn signal switch because everything works fine until you turn the fog lights on..

Its weird.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
You make no sense.

Anyways you either have you HID wired completely wrong and I dont know how one can screw that up and or you need to ground the fog light relay.

Yes I have seen you situation happen before, yes i have this mod done to my own car.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
You make no sense.

Anyways you either have you HID wired completely wrong and I dont know how one can screw that up and or you need to ground the fog light relay.

Yes I have seen you situation happen before, yes i have this mod done to my own car.

Sorry, i meant, The relay is in the box under the hood in location 17 according to the diagram.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I figured it out. It took me 4 hours but I went over all the wires in the car. It sucked. Turns out a rock somehow got itself wedged between the headlight bracket and the car ( where it welds together ) and was smashing two wires together. I would have never seen it if I didnt cut the coated wire protector sleve. Now they work perfectly. Yeah for me!!

Thanks for the help and sudgestions guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info