Its starting to get hot, and my AC is out...

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
At the end of the summer I heard a loud PSSSSSSHHHHH sound while driving. Soon (minutes) after my AC stopped working. Over the winter I could care less, but in the next couple of months its going to suck pretty bad on my long drives to work.

Where do I start checking for problems? Is it even worth it? I could live without AC. Not sure if it is a real bear to fix or not. Suggestions?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Leather seats you'll need AC. Sounds like you blew a line possibly. Or could be a simple as an oring. I'd pick up a cheap leak test kit and go from there.

This^^^, but if it was open to atmosphere all winter, you will need a new reciever/drier at a minimum, probably motre if a whole line blew and you had salt/whatever in your lines. Also will need to pull a vacuum the system for a while to evaporate all the water out. Then you can refill with the proper Refrigerant and oil amounts. All do-able, but I wouldn't call it simple. T

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info