3800 Damn dealers

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Becky saw a 98 silver GTP in a paper for $9400. She wanted to see it and maybe see if she could get financing, to lower her payment and have a more reliable car, and have a GP.(copycat :lol: )

Well, we get there, I see it. There are ding all over the thing, paint chipped, the facia looks like its taken quite a few curb checks, bald tires with a 3 inch gash in the front driver side, needed new rotors scratched up corner light, and black missing from one of the rear lights. Thats just before the asshole came and let us take it for a test drive. (I call the dealer an asshole cause he is one. THE most unfriendlyest salesmen Ive ever had to deal with)

He pulls up the car and pops the hood. I go over and give it a nice little rev limiter rev :D , to hear the blower, BUT, I dont hear the blower. Its there, the pulley is turning, but no whining. <_< We get in, take it for a test drive, makes a nice little clunking sound when you put it in gear. The steering wheel controls dont work, no cd player, the DIC didnt work, needed an alignment, wasnt the cleanest car Ive seen at a dealer. I ask Becky how it feels,and she replies that it is about as fast as my car. :eek: :eek: Knowing that in my current state, I cannot beat a stock GTP, my mind is set not to have her buy this car.

We get back, I ask the guy where this car came from. He said they got it from an auction. I know he didnt pay more than 4K for that POS off the bat. I ask how long it has been sitting there, and he replies 2 months. :blink: I wanted to ask him why he thought it wasnt selling, but Im not that mean unfortunatly. We go in and start talking for a few minutes, and he wants to start running a credit check. Becky speaks up and says what he plans on getting for the car to which he replies $9400. I start listing everything wrong and ask what can he do about that. He says he will talk to his manager and discuss lowering the price. :huh: Becky said she wouldnt pay more than5k, and right there he says we are done. I was so pissed at that guy. Dont goto Fox Valley automall. They are turds. :ticked:

wheres the FU smiley? :lol:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Oh hell no, I think my car is in BETTER shape then the monstrosity u guys test drove WOW, sounds like a nightmare,. no radio wtf?? haha!! Are u sure the super charger was really there? Some sales men are out to just make a buck off people even if they know they'll die the minute they drive the car off the lot, such pigs sometimes... just when u think ur getting a deal there still reaching in ur pocket... mAn.. poor Becky she really likes these GTP's too!!

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 10 2003, 02:43 PM
Becky saw a 98 silver GTP in a paper for $9400. She wanted to see it and maybe see if she could get financing, to lower her payment and have a more reliable car, and have a GP.(copycat :lol: )

Well, we get there, I see it. There are ding all over the thing, paint chipped, the facia looks like its taken quite a few curb checks, bald tires with a 3 inch gash in the front driver side, needed new rotors scratched up corner light, and black missing from one of the rear lights. Thats just before the asshole came and let us take it for a test drive. (I call the dealer an asshole cause he is one. THE most unfriendlyest salesmen Ive ever had to deal with)

He pulls up the car and pops the hood. I go over and give it a nice little rev limiter rev :D , to hear the blower, BUT, I dont hear the blower. Its there, the pulley is turning, but no whining. <_< We get in, take it for a test drive, makes a nice little clunking sound when you put it in gear. The steering wheel controls dont work, no cd player, the DIC didnt work, needed an alignment, wasnt the cleanest car Ive seen at a dealer. I ask Becky how it feels,and she replies that it is about as fast as my car. :eek: :eek: Knowing that in my current state, I cannot beat a stock GTP, my mind is set not to have her buy this car.

We get back, I ask the guy where this car came from. He said they got it from an auction. I know he didnt pay more than 4K for that POS off the bat. I ask how long it has been sitting there, and he replies 2 months. :blink: I wanted to ask him why he thought it wasnt selling, but Im not that mean unfortunatly. We go in and start talking for a few minutes, and he wants to start running a credit check. Becky speaks up and says what he plans on getting for the car to which he replies $9400. I start listing everything wrong and ask what can he do about that. He says he will talk to his manager and discuss lowering the price. :huh: Becky said she wouldnt pay more than5k, and right there he says we are done. I was so pissed at that guy. Dont goto Fox Valley automall. They are turds. :ticked:

wheres the FU smiley? :lol:
Makes my job easyer and easyer everyday!!! :lol:
Just got back from Memphis, those poor bastards been hosed for years. One guy I helped had a 01 silverado we offered 13k for (at least 1k hire than its worth) He was making payments of $590.00 a month and still owed over 18k!!!!!! I was afraid he was headed home to commit suicide!
The other dealers kept sending salesmen in to act like customers....funnist thing you ever saw! :p They were getting on the cell phones all sneaky like to report prices on our cars...So I told them "hey dork...All the prices are online just look them up!" :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info