what is my car doing this time... tons of 3800 questions.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

she's got some miles on her now...

lots of stock stuff. lots of beat on miles.

my car does goofy shit. i can't tell if it is blowout from my plugs not being gapped perfectly (had this in the past... tightened the gap- car was fine) or if something with my trans/torque converter is messing up...

the car once it hits 4-5psi or so... stutters pretty badly.

what does a torque converter wanting to quit life feel like?

if a trans chain is about to fall out of a car and has stretched significantly can something be felt as far as that goes?

if i were to just get the chain replaced- is that possible to do without rebuilding the entire trans?

is it possible to do with the trans still in the car?

my plan is to hopefully on sunday throw some new plugs at it... see if that helps it. cuz that is the easiest/cheapest/quickest etc...

currently what is the best plug wire & coil setup.. my car has oem original 157k coils on it iirc... and probably not the best wires...

thoughts?

my other thought is that i may have popped a head gasket a tiny bit and it gets noticeable when the car gets into more boost... my car smokes some white smoke lately when started from cold albeit it is cold as fuck lately outside. i haven't seen any coolant or evidence of coolant in my oil... but my low coolant light came on today. heat blows warm...

i dunno. as typical. just my ramblings. ill get it figured out. and typically these threads just document my dicking around to figure it out :rofl:

any thoughts from the gu roooos?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
gameplan is probably this though... swap plugs for new ones tighter gapped...

possibly do a compression test now to rule out the head gasket thing...

then if it's still stuttering up top liike it is wires... then coils cuz it probably just needs them...

then if it's still being gay car... cry and get it to somewhere to look at the trans.

i have never ran slicks/drag radials and never left all too hard from a dig. ever. albeit i have ran my 18s for a long while.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
measure your primary and secondary resistance and look for something out of range but youll have to grab good coils and swap out one at a time while test driving to fully sort out whic coil may be weak

before ya pull the plugs out put a mark down the top of the porcelin to see how the current plugs are aimed. also would highly suggest getting an indexing plate for going to parts stores and testing all their plugs for your future sets.

i should do this. like james already suggested once.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lately i kuat have people swap through my spare set of blues to see if one of theirs is weak/broken
Cheap set of msd8.8 universal v8 wires gives you 6+2spares for diagnostics/repairs
Your wire may be fried inside so ohm em out too...look for one thats higher resistance by a good bit

are those good wires then ?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Stock coils FTW. I have no idea how many miles. I know they work flawless though. I would be willing to give you the assembly that includes the ICM. PRJ wires are red and i just cleaned them out. They still seat just fine and arent loose at all YGPM

THIS ALL FICKSED IT. YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Car moves out reaaal nice like now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info